Who We Are

Saturday, May 14, 2016

The Size Of A Cow

Greetings to all!  It's me, Maggie.  If you're one of Mom's FaceBook friends, you've already heard about this from her side of the story, but it's definitely a "blog worthy" tale.  It went something like this ...

The other evening, Mom, Cam, and I wanted to go sit out on the deck.  It was shady and cool in the screened-in part, so we headed out.  We had barely been out there long enough for Mom to cry out, "NONOMAGGIENONO", when she hustled me and Cam out onto the open part of the deck.  That seemed odd - just when I was about to do a little hunting.

I continued once I got onto the outer deck:

IMG_0067MagsBeeHunting
"I can still see you in there!"

Are you familiar with the high prey drive of a Siberian Husky?  Everything they say is true.  And we can't help it.  Instincts.  The prey in question that evening?  Take a gander:

IMG_0070TheBiggestBeeInTheUniverse
A bee.  A bee the size of a cow.

It was the largest bee in the universe - or at least the largest bee Mom has ever seen!  I wanted it.  I wanted it BAD!!!!

IMG_0071MagsHUGEBee
"It's like the King Kong of bees!!!"

Can you tell how big it was?  Bigger than my snooter!!!

Mom was trying to shoo it out the door with a broom, but wasn't having any luck.  I could not leave it alone!  I had to have it!!!

IMG_0072MagsHUGEBee
"I can almost taste it!!"

Did I mention that Mom was saying "NONOMAGGIENONO!" the whole time?  Whatever.  The ears close when the prey drive kicks in!

IMG_0073MagsHugeBee
"I will get you, you son of a bee!"

I tried.  I tried HARD, but Mom eventually whisked it out the door and off the deck with the broom.  She kept muttering something about "not enough Benadryl in the world to combat a sting from that gigantic thing!"  She kept hugging me afterwards and saying I need to learn to leave bees alone.  I guess she's right - but I just can't help myself!

Mom said that wasn't the most relaxing time we've ever spent out on the deck.  How about you?  How do you react around bees?  Are you a mighty hunter like me?  Or do you ignore them like Cammie?

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

PS:  Seriously.  The size of a cow!

14 comments:

  1. BOL - but seriously, Maggie, THIS time we think we might have to agree with your Mom. Let that bee go fly away and tell Mom it is time to give you a treat as big as a cow instead!!!

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAGGIE THAT THING WAS AS BIG AS ALASKA!! Dang girlfriend....you do not want to tangle with it. Once years ago when my sis was about 12 she was on a float in a pool...dang Alaska size bee landed on her eyelid...let me just say no matter where you were living you would have heard my sis scream...
    she was slinging her arms and fell into the pool, dad had to jump in after her. So the moral to this story is leave it, drop it back away from it or whatever command works.. When moths get in my house I stare at them like a statute until mom gets them.
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like our boring bees that are so destructive to our barn overhangs. They are huge enough to ride - well almost! Mitchy used to snap at them and try to get them! Be careful, Maggie - they are not nice to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yoW! we're game for playing with anything that moves so we would've been all over that bee too but unfortunately our mom would have the same reaction as yours.

    pip, smidgen, minnie, hollie, sharpie, ditto

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got stung once cuz I tried to kiss a bee. That was a big one though!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hailey has never hunted a bee but has hunted many other bugs. She is like Maggie - prey drive = in another world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is one HUGE, ginormous bee for sure. We are glad you didn't get stung.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you definitely don't want to be messing with one of those

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a HUGE bee. Mom had a Siberian husky many years ago, a black and white one named Shamu, so she was just grinning and shaking her head at this tale.

    Abby Lab

    ReplyDelete
  10. We would hunt that bee down too and all the bugs, bunnies and woodland creatures in the west.
    We got the drive too :D

    Wyatt and Tegan

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH YEAH!!!! I'm with you! We Terriers hunt everythings!!! BOL! Yuppers ~ and buggies are tops on that list! I am the Great Fly Hunteress, butts I also hunts the bees, beetles, grubs, wells, you get the picture! Though, I gots to say, that is one HUGE bee! We gots the black carpenter bees that are that big, butts I've never seen a honey bee that big! WOWSA! Though, killjoy Ma says she's glad your Moms got the bee outta the room, cause you don't wants a big bee sting on that gorgeous snooter of yours!! I say...I bets his little bee feeties tasted FABulous,huh?!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. One time our mom thought there was a bee on her neck and tripped and fell down on the grass while screaming and running away to try to get it off. All our dad did was laugh his pants off! Mom was okay from the fall and the bee didn't sting her luckily. BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That WAS a BIGGIE!!! I don't bother with them but my crazed kitty brother tries to kill them...and...EAT them.........DakotasDen

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMD, Maggie, that thing is HUGE!! And I'm from Texas, where all our bugs are BIG! You could've mounted that thing like a big game trophy if your momma had just let you catch it!

    ReplyDelete