Who We Are

Friday, May 11, 2018

Puppy!

Hello, everyone!  It's me, Cammie!  You won't guess what Maggie and I saw on our walk the other day!  We were going down one of our favorite legs of Hudson Trail ...

IMG_0810MagsCamHudsonTrail
"Great day, huh, Cam?!?"
"Yes!  And a nice, shady trail, Maggie!"

... when I spotted something up ahead!

IMG_0671CamBabySquirrel
"Wait!  SQUIRREL!!"

I sensed no fear in the little guy, he didn't run or tease or anything, so I got a bit closer.

IMG_0674CamBabySquirrel
"Hello?"

Then I realized -- he was a squirrel puppy!!!! Oh, I hope he isn't like this all the time! Others might chase him, or bark, or worse!  Maggie and I stayed very calm and quiet, so we wouldn't scare him!  After all, he was just a puppy!

IMG_0676CamBabySquirrel
"Where is your mama squirrel?!?  She should be teaching you to be CAREFUL!"

Fortunately, Mama Squirrel was in a tree beside the trail, and she started yelling at him.  Or at us.  I'm not sure which.  Anyway, we let him finish his snack, then he hopped over toward where his mama was, and we went on our way.

Oh, I know.  "Siberian Husky Prey Drive" and all that.  But I couldn't help it - and neither could Maggie, who fortunately took her cues from me.  It was a squirrel PUPPY and I have a soft spot in my heart for all puppies.  I really hope this one learns to be more careful!

Cammie!

14 comments:

  1. Good good puppies. An un-named elkhound would have started rage-barking.

    Nuk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom would have had a couple of popped shoulder sockets if that had been us on the trail.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two played very nice. Katy was laying outside and a bird landed. At first bird ignored. Then bird keeps getting closer and closer, finally an annoyed Katy chases it off. Bird didn't know when it had it good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Squirrel Puppy my goodness he has lots to learn about life on the ground. Thank goodness his mom gave him a tongue lashing.
    You two are sweet gals not to scare him.
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  5. we hope his momma gave him a good talking to after that

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were very kind to wait for him to move on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is a very cute squirrel puppy...we don't know if we could have stayed so quiet Cammie, you are such a good girl!!
    xoxo,
    Jakey, Arty & Rosy

    ReplyDelete
  8. All babies are adorable and we need to have patience so they can learn. You girls are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We hope his momma gave him time out in case next time some dogs not as nice as you two comes along. He is a cute little thing though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your squirrel puppy is adorable! We have two in our yard right now who are being very rambunctious, chewing everything including our trees. Our resident squirrel momma, Edith has her paws full with these two for sure. We know you just wanted to say Hi to the squirrel puppy, Cammie. You are the sweetest!

    BIG hugs with love
    Addie, Lucie and Hailey

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dog you girls are so good, our hu'mum wishes we were as well behaved as you two. Such a cutie pie.
    Wooos
    Khumbu

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lady wants to know how your lady can get pictures of you with snacks around!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww, how nice of you not to chase the little one! We don't know if we could be that good!

    Kiki and Nala

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too cute...and such restraint by you two. I'm not sure I could be that well behaved...actually I KNOW I wouldn't be!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete