Who We Are

Saturday, August 03, 2019

Second Base

Hello, everyone!  It's me, Cammie.  Some of you may remember that downstairs in the Studio, Maggie and I have a "base" -- you know, a safety zone.  When you're on base, no one can BOOM you.  It had been the small, denim quilt, but now it's the puppy bed Mom moved down there.  You can see that behind me here:

IMG_0015Cammie
"I marked it for you with my Pickle."

Sometimes, a round of Crazed River Otter Games (CROG) can get so intense that we need another - or a second - base.  Take the other day ...

We were down in the Studio helping Mom ...

IMG_0028MagsCamPlay
"Good puppies!!!"
"C'mon, Cam!  A round of CROG!!!"

"You're on!"

We had quite the wild round of CROG, then one of us decided she needed a break - and ran to second base.

IMG_0014CamMagsBase
"Oh.  Not me!"
"Whoooo, boy, that was wild!"

I was still fresh as a daisy.    I'm not the one who thought it would be a good idea to run up and down the stairs a billion times!  Maggie was on base, so I had to wait.

IMG_0016MagsCamBase
"Cover me, Mom!"
"Ho dee doh dee doh ..."

Did I mention that Mom is second base?

Anyway, Maggie caught her breath, then was ready to get back to some CROG!

IMG_0010MagsCamPlay
"OK, I'm ready!!!"
"You're going down, you Crazed River Otter, you!!!"

It's good to have another base down there.  And Mom didn't seem to mind taking a break one single bit!

Do you have rules for when you play?

Cammie!

5 comments:

  1. technically speaking, WE don't have any rules when we play...but Momma says if somebuddy screams, it's time for a different game...

    ~sharpie, ditto
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always good to have extra bases around the house. Just in case things get a little out of hand. With our household our main base is under the bed. Until everything cools down. Thanks for the share. Have a wonderful rest of your weekend.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moms make the best second base ever! Sometimes when my sisters and I need a break we run and stand behind My Margret she is a great body blocker. Or sometimes we just stop where we are, give a good shake, stay still and pant for a minute then go right back to rough housing again. Good times! ~ nose nudges Bonnie Pup

    ReplyDelete
  4. I consider mom first base!
    hugs
    Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, it is so sweet that your mom is there to help catch your breath!

    Kiki

    ReplyDelete