Who We Are

Saturday, January 09, 2021

Route Choice

Hi everybody!  It's me, Ragnar.  As many of you know, we all take turns choosing what route we take on our walks.  The other morning, we were heading down the best part of Hudson Trail ...

IMG_2151MagsRagnarTrail
"The ground's all nice and frozen!"
"Yeah - no mud, Mom!"
"YAY!"

Then I looked to the west and saw my favorite farmhouse out there!

IMG_2148MagsRagnarTrail
"I was hoping we could walk past the farm today!"
"Send Mom and Dad a mind-meld message for the way back, Ragnar!  Remember - you've got the gift!"

I had forgotten!  I concentrated really hard ...

IMG_2144RagnarTrail
"Walk past the farm on the way home!  Walk past the farm on the way home!  Walk past the farm on the way home!"

We got up to The Top Of The World and had a look around.  It was sort of smoky/foggy out:

IMG_2165MagsRagnarTopOfTheWorld
"Grab a shot of this cool pose, Mom!"
"Yeah, Mom!  Walk past the farm on the way home!"

We headed down the trail up on the top ...

IMG_2168RagnarMagsTrailTopOfTheWorld
"Are you having as much fun as I am, Mags?  Walk past the farm on the way home!"
"I sure am!  It's a frosty paradise up here!"

... then headed down the road to the other lookout point:

IMG_2171MagsRagnarTopOfTheWorldRoad
"I think someone's down there."
"So do I.  Walk past the farm on the way home!"

As we headed back toward home, and Dad suggested a different trail than what we'd come in on.  Hmm!

IMG_2178MagsRagnarTrail
"Raggi!  Check it out!"
"THE FARM!!!  I SEE THE FARM!!!"

Oh, I was so happy!  Mom and Dad let us go take a look - they don't mind us checking things out, as long as we remain nice and calm.  

IMG_2183RagnarMagsFarmTrail
"Mags!  Look!  COWS!"
"COWS!"
IMG_2181RagnarMagsFarmTrail
"Horses, too!"
"I love horses!"

It was so wonderful getting to walk past the farm!  Mags and I stayed calm - we wouldn't want to scare our horse or cow friends!  After the farm, we got to another favorite part of the trail!

IMG_2185RagnarTrail
"Look, Mom!  Your favorite hills!"

She doesn't really mind!  Besides, it was frozen, not muddy.  AND we got to walk past the farm!  I LOVE getting to choose our route!

Sköl!
Ragnar

5 comments:

  1. You really do have a special gift, Ragnar. Maybe you could get Mom and Dad to follow a route to OP?

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:55 PM

    I'm SO glad you got to walk past the farm!
    cows AND horses! it doesn't get much better than that! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you got to see the cows. I am sure they appreciated it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job mind melding with your pawrents, Ragnar. That sure looks like a great walk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, we sure could use your Sibe Mind-Meld gift, Ragnar. We love the views and scenery at the TotW and on the Hudson Trail.
    say... were there any chick-hens at the farm?

    minnie, hollie, sharpie, ditto, TL

    ReplyDelete