Who We Are

Thursday, July 29, 2021

Too Hot

Hi everybody!  It's me, Ragnar.  Yesterday morning was too hot to go on one of our normal morning walks.  When you wear a thick fur coat like Mags and I do, humidity over 90% and no breeze means a much shorter walk!  We hung in there for just over 2 miles and that was enough.  Mom thought I might need a bit more exercise, so she and I went out back to play afterwards.

She brought a couple different toys out and would throw them and expect me to chase after them.

IMG_0387RagnarYard
"You want me to what?!?"

She started running after the toys herself, so I followed her and all, but frankly - I think the heat was getting to her.  It seemed kind of crazy to me.

I proposed we just hang out for a while back there and maybe do some exploring instead of running around.  I even offered to do some posing!

IMG_0383RagnarTopTier
"How 'bout a profile shot, Mom?"

She seemed OK with that idea, so we went with it.

IMG_0384RagnarTopTier
"Did you get the Blanket Flowers and Salvia in the shot?!?"

I really like those flowers.  So do bees.  Did you know bees are "NoNoRagnarNoNo"s?  It's true.  Interesting.

We checked on the Friendship Garden:

IMG_0389RagnarFriendshipGarden
"Hey, look!  The neighbors are out!"

Mags and I both love staring at the neighbors.  For some reason, Mom doesn't think it's a good idea.

Here I am in front of our new-this-year Succulent Garden:

IMG_0392RagnarSucculentGarden
"Hi, Mom!"

Mom and Dad worked really hard on that garden and are quite happy with how it looks!

I surprised Mom with one last pose on one of the northern tiers before we headed inside!  She wasn't expecting me to jump up there.  Ha!  I felt pretty regal up there, so I thought I'd make a formal statement:

IMG_0394RagnarNorthSideTier
"I am Ragnar Jimmysson!  AKA Polargold's Einherjar!"

Maggie was watching out the window and gave me extra points for leaping up onto the retaining wall!

So ... yesterday was too hot for a long walk, and too hot to play "chase the toy", but not to hot to have a little fun with my mom!

Sköl!
Ragnar

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking us on a tour around your garden, Ragnar. You sure pose nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a long trip on a hot day. I know you mom keeps an eyes on you. Wishing you cooler days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay cool friends. It is cool here today - only about 50.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had horrid heat and humidity yesterday and today feels like might be 105 or 107.
    I'm ready for FALL
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete