Who We Are

Friday, July 23, 2021

Rodeo Time!

Greetings to all!  It's me, Mags!  Guess what's in town?!?!  The Kaw Valley Rodeo!!!  And for us, that means CiCo Park is packed full of horses, cows, bulls, calves, goats, sheep, chick-hens, turkeys, pigs, and who knows what all else!??  Mom and Dad know how much we love farm animals, so for the past three mornings, we've made sure to take a swing through the park on our walks!

We put together some of the best photos Mom took and thought we'd share them today!  Ready to go?!?!

IMG_0074RagnarMagsRodeo
"Let's hit the rodeo!"
"Yeah!  Let's go make some new friends!"

Mom saw the giant cowboy boots and wanted us to pose by them first.  Sounded like a good plan. 

IMG_0079RagnarMagsRodeoBoots
"I think Mom wants pink cowboy boots now."
"Look at the SIZE of these things!"

You just never know what you're going to see at the rodeo!

The first animals we ran into were these cow-puppies!  They were adorable!

IMG_0066RagnarCalves
"Hey, Mags!  They're coming over to see me!"

The dark brown one on the far left especially liked us.  He followed us all along the fence line.  I was interested, but someone else had already caught my eye!

IMG_0069MagsBulls
"Look, Ragnar!  A bunch of bulls!"

They were so cool!  

We also saw lots of horses!

IMG_0110RagnarHorsesRodeo
"Mags!  It's HORSES!!!  HORSES!!!"

He LOVES the horses; they're definitely his favorite! 

Today, we sought out the horses early on and made friends with this guy:

IMG_0149_0148MagsRagnarHorseRodeo
"This guy is super nice!"
"He sure is!  I 💙 horses!"

While we were walking around the fairgrounds we saw these guys!

IMG_0164RagnarMagsSheepRodeo
"What in the world are those, Mags?!?"
"It's SHEEP, Ragnar!  SHEEP!!!"

I remember how excited I was the first time I saw sheep! I just LOVE them! In fact ...

IMG_0171MagsSheepNoseBumpRodeo
"Hello!"
"Hello!"

The sheep liked me, too!  We did nose bumps!  Wowzers, what a great couple of days!

Hopefully, we'll get to go again tomorrow.  We'll be sure to take you along, if we do!

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

3 comments:

  1. We think it would be fun to meet so many farm animals. You two sure made lots of friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:08 AM

    I just LOVE this post! what a wonderful adventure!
    I'm glad you met so many new friends. :D XOXO

    ReplyDelete