Who We Are

Monday, October 14, 2013

Monday Miscellany

Hello, everyone!  It's me, Cammie.  Thank you so much for all the congratulatory comments and well-wishes about Maggie!  Everything's going very well and we just could not be happier!  Our sitting at the computer time seems to have been cut WAY down, though.  I think you can all understand that.  We have tons of pictures to share with you, so we'll just post those and some quick captions - OK?  Let's look at how we spent parts of the last 24 hours!

It was a beautiful, 70-something degree day yesterday, so I decided to teach Maggie the finer points of hanging out on the deck.

IMG_0729MagCam
"What are you doing, Auntie CamCam?"
"It's called 'hanging out on the deck', Maggie.  You just..."

IMG_0733Mag
"I like to chew!"

Oh.  I forgot.  Yes, my little Maggie is in the "I Am A Siberian Husky And The World Is My Chew Toy" phase.  She's not quite ready to just hang out.  While she pounced on a leaf that blew onto the deck and was busy crunching that, I tried to come up with something else for us to do.

IMG_0737MagCam
"Crunch, crunch, crunch..."
"Hmmm..."

I suggested a game of Hide and Seek!

IMG_0753MagCam
"Can you see me now, Auntie Cam?"
"Maggie?!?  Where are you?!?"

IMG_0752MagCam
"Here I am!"
"Oh, you're so good at this!  Ha roowooroo!"

Or maybe it was more like Peek-a-Boo. Whatever you want to call it, it was fun, and the little one enjoyed it.

IMG_0748CamMag
"❤❤❤"
"❤❤❤"

Here's my little one, snuggled into Mom.

IMG_0763Maggie
Maggie

We did just a LITTLE bit of this yesterday:

IMG_0774MagCamZim
Naptime!
Front to back, Maggie, Me, and Zim
Oh.  And Big Mean Kitty is in the crate with Maggie

This morning, we girls got up nice and early and took the morning shift of Yard Patrol.

IMG_0798MagCam
"Let's go this way, Auntie CamCam!"

Yes, I have my work cut out for me, raising my little niece as my own.  Did I tell you she's my niece?  It's true.  Her daddy, Juarez (Champion D'Azul's El Presidente), is my half-brother!  Very special, don't you think?

Our daddy - our biped daddy - came up with the best name for the two of us.  I think this photo is a mighty good illustration:

IMG_0803CamMiniCam
Cam and Mini-Cam

Perfect, don't you think?

Anyway, we did a great job at Yard Patrol ...

IMG_0805MagCam

... then Mom said Zim would relieve me. The little one did a double shift!

IMG_0808MagZim
"C'mon, Mags!  Follow me!"
"I'm - ooh, a leaf! - coming, Zimmie!"
IMG_0813ZimMag
"Good girl, Mags!"
"I want to be JUST like YOU, Zimmie!"

She may be my Mini-Cam, but oh, how she adores Zim!!!  And she's really good at Patrol and standing guard!  She watches Zim and does everything he does!

IMG_0818ZimMag
"ZIMMIE!!!  ZIMMIE!!!  ZIMMIE!!!"
"Aw, c'mon, kid!  We're on duty!"

Anyway, as you can see, Maggie is doing very well and is fitting in great here at Ao4 Headquarters!  She has her first well-puppy visit at our vet school today; I just know she's going to wow them!  We'll let you know how it goes!

Cammie!

21 comments:

  1. She is such a cutie! I'm sure she will learn all of her duties quickly.

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cam! I still just love her. Mrs. Master says thanks for posting some of the naughty things puppies do though.

    I have no idea what she's talking about as I didn't see anything naughty!

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cam you mini Cam is adorable. Looks like Maggie has settled in really well. Just so cute and we know you and Zim will make her welcome. Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO now OUR Margaret, a/k/a Maggie Mae, Mags, thinks you named your little minime after HER! Its all we have heard about ALL DAY LONG!
    Stella Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting mates:) So good to meet you Maggie!

    RA

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute little puppy! I'm glad that Big Mean gets to spend some time with her. I bet he'll tell her all about her big brother Dave. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so lovely, your mini-cam!

    Kiki and Nala

    ReplyDelete
  8. MINI CAMMY... BaaaaaWaaaah... Your neice??? that is super... We thought you would just be her BIG SISTER..

    Margaret is doing an amazing job of Fitting right in and Learning the impawtant stuffs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cammie, Your little one-Maggie is just the spitting image of you. Of course she would be, being related etc. Thanks for sharing your day with us-just wish you guys lived closer.

    Wags, Noreen & Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like Maggie is settling in perfectly! And you know, if she needs another mentor... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We thought you and Maggie were probably related. She will probably grow up to be just as sweet and pretty too. Our mom keeps making this squee noise every time she looks at little Maggie's pictures. Your captions are very funny too.

    Millie & Walter

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMC! Maggie is adorable! Mommy is getting puppy fever again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our Mom keeps making these odd 'Squee!' noises - I'm not quite sure what that's all about, but you and Zim look like you're training Mini-Cam very well. And that hide-and-seek? Wildly adorable! Just keep reminding Madame Prime Minister that you and Zim are In Charge. (For the record, I did that with Abby. It lasted for, uh, maybe 3 weeks... Heehee!)

    *kissey face*
    -Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, she is fitting right in. You've got her on yard patrol already.

    It does look like she will need some help with the whole meditation on the porch activity, but she's just a baby.

    Kisses,
    Dexter

    ReplyDelete
  15. So precious! She looks like a stuffie
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  16. So much cute overload. I need to lie down. But ya know something is missing..... hummmm.... Oh I got it! And soon you will get it.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  17. Maggie is so cute and so well behaved for a pup, but then again, she has the best teachers in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are so adorable, Maggie! We just love the picture of you underneath the chair playing hide-n-seek with Cammie!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  19. Auntie Cam you have a "mini-me"!! Mom always called me Holly's "mini-me" too! I always considered it quite a compliment. Maggie is adorable beyond words!! You and Zimmie are sure gonna have your paws full!

    Khady Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  20. squeeeee! could she be any cuter?!

    ReplyDelete
  21. She is sooooo adorable!!! I love the peek a boo pictures. :D

    ReplyDelete