Who We Are

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

4 From the iPhone 4

Tail wags, dear readers, it's me - Stormy. The other evening, Mom asked me to help her with the new iPhone 4 - more specifically, to test out the camera. We all know how helpful I can be with photos, so I was more than happy to give it a test run and help her learn things.

Here's the first shot she took of me:

IMG_0001 Stormy
Me. Stormy.

See the little vignette thing she put around that shot? That was lesson one. The old iPhone cover partially covers the lens on the back camera. Oops. Mom had a blue (she has a blue cover for the "old" iPhone) ring around the left hand part of the photo. She attempted to cover it with the vignette. Look closely - you can still see blue. Good try, though!

Here's the next shot:

IMG_0005 Storm

I actually like that one.
Ammy said I look pensive. Oh, sure, Mom wanted a "head on" shot, but I didn't feel like obliging her. Besides, I think it shows off my blue eye really well. This did show us the iPhone 4 captures colors nicely.

Here's another shot:

IMG_0006 Stormy

Do I look like I'm getting a tad bored? Seriously. Standing around, holding still, having Mom block my view... how much am I supposed to put up with? We must have been out there ... I don't know ... 5 or 6 minutes! Horribly long time! Oh. And look at the left side of the photo - about half way up. That's the tip of Mom's shoe. Now... if she's holding the camera out in front of me, don't you have to wonder how her foot is back there? Odd. Very odd. But at least she was getting some stretches in. The lesson there would be to stay agile and be quick. Mom got one out of two there.

Here's the last one I'll share with you:

IMG_0007 Stormy

Yes, I was rolling my eyes. I'd had enough and needed to come in for a treat. I mean - grab this and shake it around - she was trying to take my picture without any treats in her hand!!! You'd
think she'd learn, wouldn't you? Treats are a must! Oh - and that's Ammy over where Mom's foot had been. I think Am herded her out of the way or something.

Anyway, Mom learned to take the cover off, that colors are lovely off the iPhone, how to be agile (needed to be quicker), and really that there is no photographing someone who'd rather be doing something else -- unless there are treats involved! I think I taught her a lot! I hope you've taught your bipeds something today! Constant training is very important!

Tail wags,
Stormy

24 comments:

  1. Stormy those are great pictures of you! Did you mom wait in long lines to get her new iphone?
    I just got the 3g iphone in May so I'll be waiting a bit before getting a newer one. They did just update the system for my 3g iphone and now my camera zooms (maybe it did it before and I just figured it out... Im not sure)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here we thought that first picture was some of those Photoshop skills. Great pictures though because you were in them.

    P.s. We think that was tons of patience you showed. More than we would have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a good job helping mom with her new Apple. I had to help my mom with the 3G. Nutty
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woos Stormy, I hope woo Mom learns how to work that iphone. My Mum is still figuring out texting... sigh.. I like the vignette picture, it shows off beawootiful woo!
    ~husky kisses~
    -Kira The BeaWootiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos of you! Now I know what your Mama's iPhone 4 is for!

    I had to calm my Jeannie today, because she spent a lot of time shouting bizarrely at an inanimate object.

    Things got so bad, she began hitting it with a monkey. Now then, I did get concerned. I don't like animal cruelty, or nor, does Jeannie, so the thought of her hitting our computer with a monkey was kinda disturbing.

    Phew, I was relieved to find out it was a Duster Monkey. i.e. it is not a live monkey, it is just posing as a monkey, but it dusts the computer in a vague and rather "Christmas Gift Like Way"......

    I am tired now after relating all this to you dear Stormy,

    I am going to snooze and dream of your beautiful "eye".

    mucho licks, Marv xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehe....sounds like your mum is having a lot of fun with her new phone. :)



    Thank you for your comments on our blog post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such a help :)
    We love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woof! Woof! How cool is that you can do the editing on the Iphone. Mom can't wait to a new one but she's contemplating to get the IPad first. The next thing your mom need to learn is the video features which I heard its cool too. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  9. What very nice pictures from your Mom's new phone. We can hardly see the blue on the "vintage" look picture.
    Daisy Mae

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Stormy, you are the most patient, co-operative doggie we know.
    The pictures look good but no treats..........!
    Remember no treats.....no pics. We have already fought for our rights comrade!
    love and kisses
    Martha and Bailey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stormy you look so beautiful in those pictures. That iphone sure does take some really nice pictures. We love your pretty eye...
    Keep up the good work training Mom. Looks like she needs it.. he he
    More treats..

    Big Sloppy Kisses
    Gus, Louie and Callie

    ReplyDelete
  12. What wonderful lessons learned, you are a great teacher Stormy!!

    Smileys & Snuggles!
    Dory, Bilbo and Jacob

    ReplyDelete
  13. I thought for sure the first pic was photoshop too. Great pics! I couldn't take a good pic with my phone no matter what! My paws are too big!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stormy I learn so much from you. I hope your mum wrote all her lessons down so she doesn't forget them.

    Huffs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stormy, great pictures!!! Your mom's new phone is great! That was nice of you to help her test it out! Lots of love, Debbie and Holly

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stormy, you were very patient and very helpful while your mom learned how to work her new phone! Our mommy doesn't even have the iPhone1 so we're safe from having to model for camera phones for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stormy...
    Tell you Mom thanks...now my Mom wants to upgrade more than ever!!! I'm going to be out treats now - BOL!!! Those are some super pawsome shots, but lets face it, it's hard to improve on the subjects!!!

    Lots of Licks, Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those i things rock. I would love it if my stuck in the age of rotary phones mom would get one. Of course having such stunning subjects helps.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, Stormy!
    You gave good lessons to your mom!
    I am sure she took note of all of them!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Storm!
    Awesome pics! Mommy's getting used to her iphone too..

    Cheers,
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stormy, you made a beautiful model. Phone takes very nice photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Tee-hee! I like how your Mom takes pictures!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great pics and great lessons for your mom! :)

    Mochi

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am glad to see that your are making your mom work hard for the pictures. Great work.

    Kat

    PS. My mom is kind of bummed about her phone. She can't make any calls on it unless she uses the headphones because it drops all of her calls. :-(

    ReplyDelete