Who We Are

Thursday, June 03, 2010

My Tutorial

Hi everypuppy and everycat! It's me, Ammy! I have a really important tutorial for you today, but before I get to it, I'd like to thank our dear friend Marvin for his comments on Zimmie's post the other day. You know - the one where Zimmie couldn't quite figure out why the Dughallmor Beagles and Talia were in our iMac playing and "ah roo"ing instead of being in Scotland where we all thought they were!?! Yes, that one! Well, Marvin is not only the best poet in all of Scotland, but he's a mighty deep thinker, too. Listen to his brilliant words of wisdom, "Didn't you know Dearest Zim, every single iMac contains Scottish Dogs. After all, this is why it is called an iMac! As in "Aye Mac, We're all in here having a wee fling of our kilts, hoots man, och the noo and bet you cannae find us!" and various other Scottish Barkings. I hope this solves your dilemma, to be honest you would be totally and utterly amazed at how many Scottish dogs are hiding in the iMac. Aye, Mac!" Isn't that brilliant?!? Martha and Bailey Basset concurred with Marvin, saying, "We reckon that if you try you will find us in your iMac too - after all we are Scottish!" And when Zim thought about it, he remembered seeing them roaming the hills and exploring the banks of the Scottish lochs right here on our iMac. I mean, Aye Mac! Hee hee hee. So that MUST be the answer. Thank you so much for helping Zim, dear friends! :)

Now... in reading the blogs, which sadly we haven't been keeping up with as well as we'd like, I've noticed a very frightening number of you have had some ... have ... you've been ... and ... well, let's just say you might need a good hiding place. Whew. I almost passed out. OK! I have several really good hiding places. My very favorite one, where no one can find me, is under the dining room table.

DSCN5510 Amber's hiding place
My favorite hiding place!
Oh. I'm not in it yet.

Doesn't it look peaceful and serene? (Maybe I should have saved this for Serene Scenery Sunday!) Here's how it works. Let's say you're guarding the living room.

DSCN5512 Amber
Me, Ammy, on Guard Duty

No, I was not asleep! I was watching the front door! Anyway, so let's say you're somewhere working like that, when you hear those horrid, horrid words. Oh... I can barely type them... the words... "
Gee, Ams. Your coat sure looks like it could stand a bru..." I don't need to go any further, do I?

DSCN5513 Amber
"Uh-oh!"

And that's when you should very quickly and quietly, while someone goes to get the b-r-u ... (shudder) -- you know what she's getting! -- do this:

DSCN5517 Amber
"Ah! Sweet, serene safe zone!"

And even if by some remarkable fluke you are discovered... just look cute.

DSCN5518 Amber
"Oh... hi. How did you find me? No, I don't feel like coming out. Thanks for asking, though."

And the biped in question will more than likely walk away, smiling and shaking her head, muttering about how incredibly cute you are.

That's how it's done, pups and kit-cats. My offer stands to any of you to come over and share my hiding place with me. Also available are the stair landing and my carrier. Good luck to all - and thanks again to Marvin for helping Zimmie. :)

Love,
Ammy

25 comments:

  1. We try to stay mobile when the brush comes out. That way, if they can't catch us, they can't brush us!!

    But, I do like your hiding spot!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice spot! Does it work for hiding from bothersome Uncle Puppies?


    Wags and Licks,
    Mollie Jo & Bobo

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehe. Good job Ammy!
    As much as getting b-r-u-s-h-e-d sends you into hiding, you do look quite serene and at peace while doing so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you said Ammy we totally agreed with Marvin!
    He is not just a pretty face it seems.
    We think he must have gone to college or something.
    Anyways we love your hiding place - Bailey likes to hide but she is happy with her trees.
    Of course I don't hide cos I would be worried I might miss something.
    You do look very cute in hiding!!
    love
    Martha xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great hiding spot! Beth here....your home is beautiful! I love your quilt on the wall -- did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, we share your pain. We have been so abused by the brush lately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wooos Ammy! I love woo tutorial on brush avoidance! Very good fur these younger pups who need advice from us older wiser girls...
    The Scottish doggies in iMac.....wooos, too funny
    ~husky kisses~
    -Kira The BeaWootiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great tutorial, but don't show your hiding spots on the air.
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  9. I took good notes Ammy...I most certainly need a good hiding place every now and again!!

    Thanks!
    Growlies!
    Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ammy, that is exactly where my safest zone is..under the dining room table!! Mom can't get to me there. Everytime she gets that br... out, I run and hide!! Lots of love, Debbie and Holly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ammy, maybe I can come hide out with you until Cosi goes home?

    Huffs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice hiding places, at least your mom doesn't have to use clippers on you...
    Daisy Mae

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woo Ammy! Dat is a furry good teaching post. But I come out of hiding when maw says it's brushin' time. I likes how it feels on my back and neck. But I do hide unner da table when I has my snack. Dis way da udder puppers don't bodder me.

    Husky kisses,
    Biloxi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hee! Hee! That's clever hiding place, Ammy! I have to say - I do enjoy being brushed - but then I've only got a short single coat so it's not like there's much hair to get out. And the Zoom Groom is sort of more like a massage anyway...but I might try your idea next time I see the nail clippers come out! :-)

    Slobbers,
    Honey the Great Dane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Ammy!
    Sure you have a great hiding spot!
    I need to find something like that for the times my mom tells me I need to go to see the Vet!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Ammy! That is a nice hiding spot. Me have one too but mom joins me in that spot and brushes me right down there!!

    Cheers,
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have a great hiding spot there Ammy! We hope the biped with the brush keeps on walking by!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous12:59 AM

    Hello Army of four!
    Oh my goodness - I am very addled! Because I have been doing the rounds and introducing myself and i think I may have forgotton to introduce myself to the Ao4 and Mumma tells me you guys are very important!
    Well I am Mr Darcy's (bless his little cotton socks) family's new doggie and I have just started blogging.
    Your post really rings true for me as I have a bit of a problem with loud noises. When I hear loud noises I hide in my hidey hole under Mumma's desk. Sometimes I hide under papa's desk, if he is sitting at it.

    your pal,
    Digby

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great hidey tips... however I feel a bit backwards. Is it wrong to enjoy the B.R.U.S.H? I do, I quiver with joy at the possibility.

    Your pal, Adok...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks so much for the lesson Ammy!! We DEFINITELY need to remember that!!

    Woofs and Kisses!
    The Fiesty Three

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good spots, Ammy! I'm really makng good use of the "under the table" zone. sometimes my peeps run around calliing for me & I'm right under their noses...I mean, feety-feets! Ha-roo roo

    jack a-roo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Phew! I am blushing now. In fact I am no longer a black dog, I am a Red Dog.

    Thank you for your words about me, you are sooooooooooo kind.

    I am most flattered.

    And of course, I am a Poet of Great Di"stink"tion. It must be Vile perfume I am using perhaps.........

    "Rice Is Nice" - possibly being my best poem yet..........

    Although - my new one about Noodles is kinda shaping up.

    "When eating Noodles I think of Poodles.

    It must be their curly fur,

    I hope you will concur".

    I think however, my Poodle Opus needs some work on.

    ;0D lotsalicks, Marv xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ammy, I'm going to come hide under your table this weekend. Mom has been busy plucking away, but I have a feeling the brush is coming out this weekend!

    Mochi

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great hiding place! The only place I really hide is on the floor of the car when a big truck or motorcycle drive past us.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm going to have to try this because Mom keeps saying, "Steve, I can't even touch you without fur flying!"

    Steve

    ReplyDelete