Who We Are

Monday, June 28, 2010

Making Friends at the Kansas Ocean

Ha roo, pups and cool cats! It's me - Zim! I thought Mom should get a little fresh air the other evening, so I sent her a mind-meld message that we should go on a special outing -- just the two of us. Oh, sure, to hear her tell the tale, you'd think I needed to burn off some excess energy, but whose version are you going to believe!? Ha. That's what I thought.

I decided we should take a little trip to the Kansas Ocean to see what was cooking over there. The first thing that caught my eye was a bunch of geese! Here I am, checking them out!

IMG_0038
"Hey Gooses! I'm Zim! Come on over!"

I got down (so to speak) on their level (oh, seriously - I hope Ammy sees that line -- I'm trying to meet geese and I said I "got down". Ha roo roo roo!) so they wouldn't feel threatened and drew them over near me. You've seen me use my charms on geese before!

Here's a little collage of them swimming over to meet me.

iPhoneGeeseCollage
New goose friends

I should add here that all of the photos on this post were taken with Mom's iPhone 4.

They got fairly close, but didn't come all the way over. I think Mr. and Mrs. Goose were sheltering their little ones - probably wary of Mom. Hey! I wonder if they're the same family Dad saw not too long ago! Remember them? Could be. The Kansas Ocean is very close to that golf course!

Anyway, I stayed there communing with them for quite a while, trying to win their trust.

iPhoneZimGeeseCollage
"Trust me, Gooses!"

While I worked on them, I saw another new friend! Remember on a recent trip to the ocean, I told you about hearing tons of little froggies singing?!? Well, they were chirping away this time, too, and THEN everyone got quiet and Mom and I heard this big "BBBBBROPPPPP! BBBRRRRRRROP!" or something like that! It was fascinating! I looked in the water, between me and the goose family and look at who I saw:

IMG_0030 Bullfrog!
Bullfrog!!!

He was HUGE! Mom estimated him to be about a 5 by 7 inch froggie! How cool is that!?! I found him quite mesmerizing!

Can you see him OK up there? Sorry I don't have a better photo of him to show you. Next trip over there, I'll remind Mom to take the Nikon. I also hope to get better acquainted with him and the goose family! I love making new friends!

Play bows,
Zim

24 comments:

  1. What a fun day. Wish we had a Georgia ocean nearby. But it's too far to walk. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pics of your ocean and all who live in it and on it Zim!

    Your ears were the best though, they surely were peaking while you were peeking at those geeses, if you get my drift.....your post brought out some of my poetic vibes.

    You see, I do need some sort of inspiration. Your post full of Goosiness helped me find my muse.

    er, I guess it should be my Moose, but that would be taking things too far.

    "A Solitary Goose is known simply as Goose,

    But when his solitude starts to cease.....

    He suddenly becomes a whole lotta Geese"

    Must sleep now, my brain hurts.

    lotsaluv Marvin xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait until Norwood sees that.

    P.S. - We are always hearing that we get to go on walks to burn off excess energy. Maybe if the humans could "harness" our energy (will Ammy like that one?), there wouldn't be any more oil spills? The world could be power by Sibe Power!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just thought of a joke for Ammy - which she might enjoy - (or not!)

    I wondered what's your Mama's iPhone 4?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy! What pawesome things you saw at the Ocean, Zim! Geese and baby geeses, then Norwood's special fave, that huge froggie! They DO make big noises hah! BTW, love your joke - better tell Ammy! Good one!
    Big Hugs xoxoxo
    Sammie

    ReplyDelete
  6. got down! hahahaha! Zim I think Ammy is rubbing off on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woof! Woof! What a great day you ugys had. I also LOVE watching the Duckies or the Goose. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pics! Looks like a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great time Zim...Mama is whining about getting an iPhone cause right now she lugs her Nikon all over the place and that little piece of phone takes great pics!

    Smileys & Snuggles!
    Dory, Jacob and Bilbo!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Zim what a fun outing with mom. Hope she burned off all HER energy. Nice pictures. We hear frog legs taste like chicken
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Zim you sure had a wonderful day.. To bad those geese didn't want to socialize with you..
    That is one big frog...

    Big Sloppy Kisses
    Gus, Louie and Callie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need some lessons on how to lure other animals, Zim Style. Our back fence neighbors got some chickens and I really think the chickens should fly over the fence and play with me. I have been staring at the fence a lot, but nothing seems to be working.

    Steve

    PS. Do you think it has anything to do with the bad vibes from my mom? All she does is mutter about how we live in the suburbs and people aren't supposed to have chickens. That's not very inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great adventure Zimmie. I hope you can make friends with the gooses next time.

    Huffs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you had fun with those geese. Great photos from your phone, wow!

    Daddy says YEAHH for Nikon!

    Okay...we want to know what this dream was about. haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun day with the geese! We loved your pics - we thought that the geese mama would be very wary of your mom......!
    You Zim woulr be very reassuring to a family of geese...............
    love and kisses
    Martha and Bailey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I see you made a number of new friends there!
    How cool!!

    Cheers
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Zim, what a fun trip!! Gooses and a great big Bullfrog!! That is very exciting at the Kansas Ocean! We have always loved your adventures there!! Lots of love, Debbie and Holly

    ReplyDelete
  18. Zim, you always make such fun friends! We don't have bullfrogs or geese on our ocean but I try to make friends with the sea gulls but they fly away. Maybe if you came out you could help me make friends with them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, Zim!
    I know how much you loved being there making new friends!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wooos Zimmy! What a wonderful time woo and Mom must have had. I wonder what goose is like... ummm, never mind.... Ammy will have a field day with woo jokes. Say hi to the froggie fur me, they are fun to chase!
    ~husky kisses~
    -Kira The BeaWootiful

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, Zim, woo sure have a way with geese & things. i get way too excited and start chasing them long before they'd get anywhere near me! Ha-roo roo roo!
    Hey- That is one bulky bullfrog!

    jack a-roo

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun day you had, Zim! We hear bullfrogs all the time at our house - mom says expecially when she's trying to fall asleep and they're chatting away!

    Love ya lots,
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  23. I did not know there were sea faring frogs. They must be quite hearty.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cool friends! :) I always try to talk to the duck at my place, but she is afraid of me.

    I like your kind of calm ocean! The waves from my ocean scare me and I run in the opposite direction!

    Mochi

    ReplyDelete