Who We Are

Thursday, June 17, 2010

New Fabric!

Woo, everypup and everycat! It's me, Dave, Guide Dog for the Color Blind. Did you catch in our post from Tuesday that Mom and I said we got new fabrics in?!? I was so excited! Two packages in one day! Mom got the one the mailman brought first and took it out back to take some pix of it. WHAT?!? Without me?!?!? I stood at the door in total disbelief!

DaveDoorCollage
"Mom?!? What are you doing?"

I couldn't even look. How could she do that without me? I think my Sad Eyes Look got to her, and she brought it in and let me go through it.

DSCN5662 Dave
"You know how fond I am of blue!"

It was blue batiks... Mom and I both love blue. I was all over them. Before I knew it, she popped them into the washing machine and said, "Just wait 'til you see our other order, Davy!" And then... just when I thought it couldn't get any better... the FedEx man showed up with these:

DSCN5669 Dave
"Look! It's like a pickle nose fabric!"

I went crazy for the purple camo - as did Mom. She's been looking everywhere for purple camo! But check that black and white print! It's like ... camo for my snooter!

DaveBWfabCollage
Snooter camo!

See what I mean? Can you even see me there?

The really cool part is that Mom didn't even order the black and white fabric, but she loves it. The people at that store sent it to her as a goodwill gesture. I'd say that's mighty nice! Anyway, so then Mom said she wanted to see "how the black and white looked on the purple camo". Those were her exact words. And so ...

DavePurpleCamoCollage
The black and white on purple camo

... I obliged! I think I look mighty good there, don't you?

DSCN5692 Dave
"I think this Black and White looks perfect on the purple camo, Mom!"

As her Guide Dog for the Color Blind, I know Mom cherishes my guidance. Oddly, she said I wasn't exactly the black and white she meant; she was talking about the black and white fabric. Oh. I think she should have been more specific, don't you?

DaveBWonCamoCollage
"How about double Black and White on purple camo?"

I think I look rather dashing, don't you?

DSCN5683 Dave
"Great combo, Mom - really!"

I think I see a Davy bed or a pillow for me in this deal! I'll keep you posted!

Luv,
Dave
Guide Dog for the Color Blind

31 comments:

  1. Hi!
    You look so fashion! ;)
    Great fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave,
    You look wonderful in your new scarf!
    Your very nice for helping your momma.
    Daisy Mae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Davey, you are a Super Model; you look so handsome in every photo and we really love your scarf=quite dashing indeed!...You are a real sweetheart to help your Mom out so much with the fabrics...Happy day sweet friends...kisses x3!...xo...Calle, Halle, Sukki

    ReplyDelete
  4. w00fs u always looks handsome in your fabrics Davy..

    b safe,
    ~rocky~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dave, you are a wonderful fabric model!

    Woofs and Kisses!
    The Fiesty Three

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do a great job! I can't wait to see what your mommy makes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dave, you are such an obliging dog - no way would we model all those fabrics!
    You are right the purple against the black and white is stunning.
    the black and white on the black and white is stunning too and will be useful for those occasions where you want to disappear!
    We hope your mom has great fun with all her fabrics!
    Perhaps she could make a bag for a dalmation with the black and white!
    love
    Martha and Bailey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Dave! You are making me swoon! You look sooo handsome with all those new beautiful fabrics! I think the black and white pickle nose camo should definitely go towards something for you!

    Sending snooter smooches!

    Your girl,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woof! Woof! You sure look DASHING ... Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  10. That fabric was made especially for you Dave! We love the purple camo and we love the black and white freckles fabric too! You did a great job modeling them - no one in this house is patient enough for that so we are in awe of your talent. Can't wait to see what you help your mom make with those fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dave your eyes are BEAUTIFUL!
    Those are great fabrics and you did a great job modeling them for us! Can't wait to see what gets made with them all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what beautiful fabric you got. We can't wait to see the finished product with that purple camo...
    Dave you are quite the fashion model..

    Big Sloppy Kisses
    Gus, Louie and Callie

    ReplyDelete
  13. The purle is gorgeous but then so is the black and white. What was so magical were the pictures of you with the fabric. Beautful.. Hugs GJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhhhh....that purple is the most gorgeous colour on you, Dave!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Dave,
    the fabric is beautiful. You are one fashion king. You and mom sure have good taste.
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh! We loves that fabric! It is so purrty! And you are the perfect model!

    Our mom has been sewing the last week! We all loves to roll and lay on it when she lays it out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You model the new fabrics so well, Dave! We LOVE the purple camo!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE that camo, so cool, but then again anything looks good on you Dave! <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Purple really is your colour Davy. Very stylish.

    Huffs

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous6:15 PM

    Dave, puprle cam is so your thing!
    you look grrrreat with spots too!
    we also love the black and white with the black and white, with the purple camo!
    Our Mumma could probably do with a guide dog for the colour blind; your mumma is so lucky to have you, and its obvious you improve her quality of life so much :)

    your pals,
    Digby and Delta

    ReplyDelete
  21. We think purple pickle nose fabric is perfect. Trying wooing that 3 times real fast.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kolorful post!

    Cheers,
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi, Dave!
    Wow! All those are beautiful fabrics!
    You did a pawesome job showing them to us!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think you look wonderful in purple camo!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is such a great look on you. I think you should be a model.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Now you can have mood blankets. They all look wonderful but of course you are so handsome that even the brightest fabric pales.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow!!! We love you in the fabrics Dave :) You are the bestest fabric consultant! Can my mom come over for some sewing lessons!!?? Can't wait to see some magical creations appear :)
    Have a nice weekend friends!

    Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
    Sierra Rose

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very nice Dave!! What a great post full of pretty colors and you!!

    Smileys and Snuggles!
    Dory, Bilbo and Jacob

    ReplyDelete
  29. You, as always, are Labradorable, dear Dave! You should have been a super model........the colours just suit you so much,

    lotsaluv, Marv xxxxxxxxx

    pee ess sorry to be late in barking on here - my parents have been on holiday........!

    ReplyDelete