Who We Are

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Milking It

Hey pups, it's me - Stormy! Before I get to today's post, some exciting news to share with you! Remember two Sundays ago - our Sunday Salute to the Dogs of the Iditarod? We are happy to report that Mr. Don Smidt and his team of AKC-registered Siberian Huskies have completed the race! This was his rookie year running, yet he and all 16 pups finished the grueling race! Congratulations to him and his ENTIRE team - and naturally, to his Siberian Huskies! Ha ROO!

So... did you see Steve and Kat's blog the other day? Steve got "fixed" and has a really cool bandage on his leg. He's real tough and isn't looking for sympathy ... but I've got to tell you - there's nothing wrong with milking the situation a little bit, if you play it right. Not only do you get tummy rubs, ear kneads, and sweet talk - but you can get cookies and other treats out of the deal. Seriously. For instance ...

Here is a picture of our great-sister Lucky from 1986, when they all got to the US from Belgium.

Gorgeous, wasn't she? Oh, but look at her left front paw! A bandage! She caught her dew-claw on the side of a swimming pool (they were in SE Virginia and just weren't used to the heat!) and got a nasty owie out of the deal. Poor, sweet Lucky! But look at her! Not a care in the world! She looks like she's about to go play tennis or something, doesn't she? I'm not criticising her at ALL, but had she only paired that bandage with the Harp Seal Look, she'd have had Mom and every other biped waiting on her hand and foot. Or paw and paw. Whatever.

Case in point:

Owie, my paw hurts. Can I have some tuna?

Here I am, from a couple years ago. I, too, caught my dew-claw on something and it was bleeding so bad Mom had to take me to the vet's. Oh, it was no big deal, trust me, but why not make the best of the situation? Check out the look on my face.

Here I am from another angle:

Woo is me...

Steve, you see where I'm going with this, right? You wouldn't believe the amount of pampering and treats and everything I got! Milk it while you can, pal. Pair your bandage up with a Sad Eyes Look. You won't regret it.

Tail wags,
Storm

18 comments:

  1. I have had trouble commenting so not sure if this will get left twice, if so, sorry!

    Stormy - you have perfected the sad eye look just perfect!

    I love looking at your pictures.

    and Congratulations to Mr Don and his Doggies for their fantastic achievement! I am out of breath even thinking about it all!
    love Marvin xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Stormy - you're a pro at the pathetic look. I'm going to have to study under you.

    Thrawn from the Brat Pack

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely look pathetic! I'd give you treats and rubs myself if I didn't already know how this was done!
    AireKOOKIES!
    Liberty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Stormy! I thought I was the best at that look! I'm going to be studying your pictures and practicing the look.
    Kaos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stormy,
    You're a genius! Why didn't I think of that earlier? And here I thought I was good at getting treats. I'll do my best to do you proud.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Storm, what a beautiful Harp Seal Face you make! We will so remember this for future use! We sure have missed you guys!
    Face Licks, M&M

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool bandage, Stormy!

    Plus, doing the Harp Seal
    look is a class act.

    Mom calls that my "oh, woe is me," look.

    Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  8. The "I'm about to vomit" look also gets you belly rubs and trips in and out of the house as often as you please, but you have to trade that with the harp seal look if you want treats.
    -Magnum

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Stormy, woh that look like an owie... But good job on looking sad. :) Did you get lots of hugs and treats that time?

    ~ fufu

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Storm,
    I totally am so with you!! We have to milk it while we can and all we can.. all the tummy rubs, ear kneads, ahhh.. *bliss*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Stormy,
    You certainly are an actress! That look would melt anyone's heart.
    We are also pretty good at that look too. Turning our usually upturned tails to a downward frown also gets sympathy.
    Jazz and Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marvin: Blogger was giving us problems, too!
    Yeah... my sad eyes look can melt hearts!

    Thrawn: Thank roo!

    Liberty: Thank roo, too!

    Kaos: Practice makes perfect! I hone my skills all the time!

    Steve: It's my duty to mentor other puppies! Glad you're willing to work hard at the ways of the Siberian!

    Tail wags,
    Storm

    ReplyDelete
  13. M & M: You sweet pups! We've missed you TONS!

    Arwen: Thank roo - and "woo is me". Ha roo roo roo!

    Magnum: Zim's got your scene down PAT!

    Fu Fu: You better believe it! Mom can't resist my sad look!

    Huskee Boy: It works like a charm, doesn't it?

    Jazz & Dixie: It always pays to have good acting skills! Oooh, that tail down manuever! That would be enough to break my mama's heart! I've got to remember that one!

    Tail wags,
    Storm

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent sad eyes. My brother Samuel is the KING of sad eyes. I'm working on it though.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous2:14 PM

    Stormy.. you gotta teach me how to do the pathetic look. You are so pretty!
    Hugs, Sitka

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holly: Thank roo. It's a vital tool in getting the bipeds to do what I want.

    Sitka: Thank roo so much. Perhaps I need to put the SZK School of Siberian Studies on the internet!

    Tail wags,
    Storms

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cubby: Thank roo. I work hard, you know!

    Tail wags,
    Storm

    ReplyDelete