Who We Are

Sunday, June 06, 2010

Serene Scenery Sunday - Orange!

Hi everypuppy and everycat! It's me - Ammy - here with Serene Scenery Sunday. Today's theme is orange! Let's see what we can find!

Our Day Lilies are in full swing. Here are a couple shots of those:

DSCN5547fr Day Lilies
Day Lily Duo

If you look closely at the photo above, there's a bug on one of the blooms.

DSCN5548 Day Lilies
Day Lily

Our butterfly weed is orange, too! Zim showed you what it was like last month at
this link; check it out now!

DSCN5554 Butterfly Weed
Butterfly Weed

How about a close up?!?

DSCN5553 Butterfly Weed
Closer view of the BW

The other orange I found was those giant candy corns that are all over our front street. They give us serenity because we love watching the men work and Mom said at least no one is speeding down the street right now and it'll be nice when they're done. I think that means they make her serene, too. I thought since the men weren't out there making noise, that I should go taste one of the candy corns.

DSCN5559 Ammy
"Oooh! Giant candy corn!"

Hmm...

DSCN5560 Ammy
"Ick."

I think we can add candy corn to my list of orange foods I don't care for.

Dave said I should point out that my fur gets kind of orange when I'm in the sun, so you can add me to the orange serene things! (Ohh... and he also said the Day Lilies are yellow, but I'm not a Guide Dog for the Color Blind like he is, so I didn't know and thought I'd leave them in here anyway. Oops.)

Tomorrow, I'll show you me and an orange cat! Really! No Photo Shopping involved!

I hope you feel serene now!
Love,
Ammy

18 comments:

  1. ooooh are we first to c....comment?That is kinda freakish for us!

    My Jeannie was loving the Day Lilies pics. When she first moved to Scotland, and knew nothing about flowers or gardening, she bought some plants which she thought were called Dahlias, at a charity sale for her first real garden.

    She planted them out, and told everyone when they came into flower, to admire her Dahlias.

    But Auntie came up to stay, who knows a whole heap about gardening, and asked where my J's Dahlias were.

    My J pointed to her lovely flowering plants (Dahlias).......and Auntie collapsed with laughter.

    Turns out they were Day Lilies! My J had misunderstood the lady selling them, and thought they were called Dahlias!!

    Lovely photos and I liked your face when you realised the candycorn were not so tasty!!

    lotsaluv, Marvin xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of those pretty flowers grow in your yard? Wow! Your mom must have a green (or orange!) thumb. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely flowers! We are not sure bout those giant candy corns. We will take your word for it that they don't taste good.


    Wags and Licks,
    Mollie Jo & Bobo
    & Linus

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pretty flowers. We have some orange tiger lillies in our flower bed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We'll pass on the candy! The day lillies are spectacular - we have some lillies still not out!
    Our flowers do seem to be behind yours.
    The butterfuly weed is a lovely vibrant orange - that must look really lovely in the garden.
    We can hardly wait for the surpise tomorrow - Ammy and an orange cat!!!!
    love
    Martha and Bailey xxx
    ps we would love it if we could all run together although we probably wouldn't be able to keep up.
    We reckon if you guys were with us we could catch a rabbit!
    We have never managed it so far but Bailey was very excited yesterday and very nearly did!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ruby said the canteloupe she got yesterday was orange and she was planning on being quite serene with it until she got caught.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ammy,

    Very nice serene post!

    The flowers are beautiful.

    LOL @ the giant candy corn and your face expression after sniffing it...hehe

    Have a good week you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ammy! Thanks for the serene Sunday! Your Day Lillies are very pretty! Mom burst out laughing when she saw the look on your face with the candy corn! I don't blame you.I wouldn't like it either. Have a great day! Lots of love, Holly and mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post, Ammy. Woosers, that butterfly bush is gorgeous! Hmm, we don't like oranges, but we do love carrots! Do woo like carrots?

    jack a-roo & miss moo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool pictures Ammy. Such pretty orange flowers. mom loves the candycorn..BOL
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very serene oranges Ammy!!!

    Smileys & Snuggles!
    Dory, Bilbo and Jacob

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool orange :-)

    I like bugs better ;-)

    Wizz

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't trust day lillies. The Butterfly Weed is so pretty!

    Huffs

    p.s. I am still laughing at you and the giant candy corn, Ammy. Although we don't have candy corn here so I am not sure what that is.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Ammy!
    The Butterfly Weed is sooooo beautiful!
    I hope you all had a great sunday!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  15. We wondered if Dave helped pick the oranges when we saw the Day Lily since they didn't look orange to us. We're glad he cleared it up though! They are very serene and the Butterfly Weed sure got pretty too. Those tall candy corns don't look tasty but we're glad they make your street serene!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd say that you, Ammy, are my favorite orange thing in the entire post. I wonder if regular candy corn tastes better than giant ones. My mom sure likes the regular stuff.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Ammy!
    Pretty flowers!
    Your mom planted them!?
    They're brilliant!
    How does that giant candy corn taste?

    Cheers,
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. How beautiful the day lily and butterfly weed are! Yup, we are definitely feeling serene!

    Love ya lots,
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete