Who We Are

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My Trip to the Vet's, Part 1

Ha roo, pups! It's me - Zim! Guess where I went yesterday? Yep, to the big vet place to see Dr. Dixon. I've been experiencing some changes and Mom and Dad thought they should have me checked out. Stormy thought I should post pictures of my trip so everypup could see how wonderful the people are there and how great they treat us. I wish all of you had vets as wonderful, kind, and skilled as ours! I'll post Part 1 today and Part 2 tomorrow. Then, by special request, one of us will post Mom's famous Banana Cake recipe on Friday!

When we first come in to the Vet Hospital, the first thing we always do is schmooze with the nice ladies at the front desk. Mom signs some stuff and they get a weight check on me. Yesterday was no different. Here I am on the scale:

One of the ladies who works there was going through the lobby, and stopped to comment on how handsome I am. I stuck that pose just for her. Pretty good one, don't you think? I was 50.0 pounds exactly. I thought that was cool.

The nice student took me in the back right away to run a cystocentesis on me. I came with a very full bladder, so it was nice that they did that first. Unfortunately for them, Amber had warned me about this (just having had one herself), so I decided to hide my bladder. They had to settle for a "free catch" sample, which I was happy to go outside and provide.

After that, we did a general exam and they wanted some of my blood. I'm not sure why - I would think they had plenty of their own - but, hey, who am I to argue? My very favorite Vet Tech Beth came in to hug me. I love Beth and feel comfortable around her. Here are Beth, my student and me.

I had just told Beth a joke, that's why she's smiling. Ha roo roo roo! Check out this snooter shot:

Is this a snooter worth smooching?

The student was really good getting the blood. I didn't feel a thing. Same with the r-e-c-t-a-l exam she did. (I know that freaks some of you pups out; that's why I spelled it!) Both the student and Dr. Dixon were really gentle.

They wanted to try to do another cysto, so they brought me some water to drink, to fill my bladder back up. Knowing they wanted me to drink, I refused.

No, thanks.

Besides, there was a VERY vocal kitty in the back area. I wanted to go help him. Or perhaps just to stare at him. I only speak a little Cat, but you all know Storms is fairly fluent. The kitty was saying, "Mow! MOW! MrOW! Row." According to Storm, I had it figured out right - he was saying, "Let me OUT of this place NOW! I want to go HOME!" Poor fella; he was just scared. I think we can all relate.

So... where was I? Mom asked if I could have a little snack, since they'd already taken the blood they wanted. Once Dr. Dixon gave that the green light, I had a cookie. Yum! Very nice, since I had to skip lunch. THEN she got more cookies... but broke them up and put them in the water bowl, so I'd have to drink some water to get to them. Oh, like I'm going to fall for that one, Mom!

Bobbing for biscuits

Well, OK. Maybe I did. But like I said, I missed lunch.

After a while, they tried another cysto. First with me on my back, but that didn't work, then with me standing up. Dr. D gave that a try, but even she couldn't find my bladder!

They decided to use an ultrasound to help find my bladder and guide their needle. JACKPOT! I just have an itty-bitty bladder.

A lot of the tests had come back by this time - and the big stuff looked pretty good. It'll take the Labs a few days to do some of the other tests. Amber said Labs aren't as fast as Sibes, then she giggled; Storm said they have to grow cultures. Whatever. We were on to my favorite part of the visit - COOKIE TIME!

Beth and Dr. Dixon, rewarding me!

I had some special one-on-one time with Dr. Dixon then.

Thanks, Dr. D!

She gave me more cookies and said I was so gentle and so nice not to hold a grudge after all the needles and stuff. Grudge? I'm a Siberian Husky. We don't hold grudges!

Here's the last picture for today:

Me and Dr. Dixon

I know you're wondering. Did I give her one gentle smooch on her nose or didn't I? That's between us! Ha roo roo roo!

Tune back in tomorrow for Part 2!

Play bows,
Zim

15 comments:

  1. Zim was such a good AND BRAVE fella!

    I bet your mom and Stormy were furry proud of woo!!

    BTW, your snooter is just sooooo khyssable!!!

    Hugz&SnooterKhysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. We thinks Zim was brave, too. All of our vets & vet techs at our Met Vet where we go are so very nice to us, too. We wuv them even when we get shots.
    -Cosmos & Juneau-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Zimmie! We're glad everything went well at the V-E-T. You have a great one!! You are so good there. Amber left a comment for us asking if she could come visit us cuz we got snow. Please tell Ammie and Dave and Stormy too that you are all welcome to come see us anytime you want. We'll have a grand ol' time running around in our fenced back yard!! Belly Rubs, Tasha & Eva.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Zimmie

    I hope everything is okay with the results from your vet visit.....the people at your vet sure look nice!!! Cute photos!

    I have some exciting news - check out our latest blog!!!

    Tell Stormy she features as well:)

    Kisses
    Summer
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. See it wasn't so bad. You got a lot of treats and a lot of attention..

    Big Sloppy Kisses
    Gus and Louie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right Zim - some things are better left unshared! Your Dr. D looks very special. You were so good. It's no wonder they are so impressed by you. We sure hope the Labs don't find anything bad growing in your culture dishes.
    ECHO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you sure seem to have fun at the vet! Mom says that you're 50 lbs of sheer cute! I still think Amber is the cutest trooper, but Mommy can say what she wants. Wow, the labs are going to be impressed by how cultured you are, when they examine your dishes...

    I also want to extend an invitation to visit me and my snow and help me pull my sled!
    Woos,
    Louka

    ReplyDelete
  8. Harrrr Matey Zim
    Hope every thing be ok Harrrr.
    Cap'n Maverick the Pirate

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh your vet are so nice... So brave of you to want to watch the poor little cat.
    Your snooter is very very cute. :)

    ~ Girl girl

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello there! I'm Brandy, and hoping we can be friends!! Your doc looks SO nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Zim - I loved the photo where you were turning your back on the water!

    I am glad all seems to be ok with you, I was anxious for you.

    The snooter pic is very good too!

    I am sure you are cultured enough, why do they have to test you for it?

    love and kinda laughing licks, Marvin xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lab culture isn't as evolved as Sibe culture. So it shouldn't take long.

    Can you post some cake instead of the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're a brave boy at the vet's, Zim! I wish my vet visit had been so nice!

    Love,
    LeeLee

    ReplyDelete
  14. dumping cookies in your water is pretty sneaky. You sure do look like you have a pawesome vet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is really cool, i have a three year old alaskan malamute at home and she has done some similar things!

    ReplyDelete