Who We Are

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Serene Scenery Sunday. Sort Of.

Hi everypuppy and everycat! It's me, Ammy! I was all set to tell you about the special adventure Mom and I went on this week, and was busy sorting through the photos and just knew they'd make a wonderful Serene Scenery Sunday post! See... we went in search of sunflowers and other wildflowers and found some really lovely things up here:

IMG_0120 Ammy
Me. Ammy. In "The Little Apple".

Only yesterday, as I was helping process all the photos... we had a huge storm roll in! It was just an awesome sight and I have to share the pix with you! To start things off, let's look at a panoramic shot we put together:

25SEP10StormPanorama

That was the scene out front! It
IS a scene. Just not really too serene. Want to see a video? Here you go:



Isn't it incredible?!? Here's a bit of a close up:

DSCN6779

And a little to the left on the shelf cloud:

DSCN6783
I think our neighbor in the silver car is getting home just in time!

Most of our storms roll in from the west -- the
view we have off our deck -- but this one came in from the north! Here's the view from out back anyway:

DSCN6784

Still mighty impressive!

Well, that's it for yesterday's storm. It was mighty wild - they even delayed the KSU football game by an hour and a half, until the lightning was out of the area! Tomorrow, I'll fill you in on my wildflower adventure, OK? In the meantime, maybe this will make you a bit more serene:

DSCN6706 Amber!

See you tomorrow!

Love,
Ams

15 comments:

  1. Yikes! That storm is very scary looking! We're glad it didn't cause any damage other than delaying the K-State game. Just looking at those clouds gave our mommy butterflies in her belly because she hates storms with a little s. We do love those pictures of you though Ammy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey little Apple, we mean Ammy..if we ever saw that thing rolling in here we would run for the hills
    Snuggles
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ammy, those pictures and the video are really scary looking! Mom hates storms and I have to protect her. She's always afraid that the wind will rip the house away or the lightning will come in on her. I have to be brave and comfort her. Your picture as always makes her smile..you always look like you are so happy! Lots of love, Holly and mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMD!
    All those pictures of the storm are beautiful and scary at the same time!
    Happy Sunday to all of you!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Ammy, what a storm! Those clouds are amazing! I'm glad I wasn't there though; I am afraid of thunder.

    Huffs

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was some storm. Hope you guys aren't afraid of thunder!
    We can wait for the flower pictures another day.

    Drools and licks,
    Minnie and Mack

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Ams that is so cool. Looks like it could have been scary...

    Big Sloppy Kisses
    Gus, Louie and Callie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ammy!
    Wow those are some clouds pics!
    Never seen anything like that b4!

    Cheers,
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness, that looked like a scary storm rolling in Ammy!
    It looked like it could swallow you up!
    Great pics.
    love
    Martha and Bailey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. How eerie! It looks like someone has suspended a sheet over your entire neighborhood, Ammy!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, Ammy - those are just the most amazing shots of the storm! I've never seen a storm like that - you sure have strange things in America! :-) It looks like somebody put a big white blanket over your town - hee! hee!

    Slobbers,
    Honey the Great Dane
    ps. I loved that note from Zim's admirer at the vet's!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know I have said it before, but the weather in your world scares the Mango! We have never seen the sky looking like that and I would FREAK if I did. You are very brave.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is unbelievable! I've never seen anything like that before!!! You caught some really amazing shots!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an amazing storm! Beautiful! I love the difference between the two cloud formations. Thanks for sharing with us, Ams!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that looks close enough to touch!

    ReplyDelete