Who We Are

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Riley County Fair!

Hello, everyone!  It's me, Cammie!  As you saw yesterday, the Kaw Valley Rodeo was in town!  It comes every year at this time, with the Riley County Fair!  Fortunately for us, the park closest to Ao4 Headquarters is also the county fairgrounds - so it all takes place within walking distance!  Maggie and I got to see both fair stuff and rodeo stuff; I'll tell you about some of what we saw on the fairgrounds today, and Mags will cover the rodeo part tomorrow!

Just the walk to the park itself was great fun, as it seemed to be the morning of the bunny.  Totally exciting!

IMG_0160CamBunny
"DINNER!  Oh... sorry, Mom.
I meant, 'Adorable little bun-bun!'"

Right.  That's what I meant to say.  (Insert innocent whistling sound here ...)

OK!  So, we got to the fairgrounds and it was really cool!  Dad was with us; Maggie was walking him and they went off one way to explore and I headed another way with Mom.  I found something really cool and called Mags over!

IMG_0163CamFair
"GIANT BEARS!!!  Maggie, come quick!  It's GIANT BEARS!"

Maggie didn't exactly believe me at first.  I mean - giant bears?!?  But then ...

IMG_0165MagsCamFair
"Like I'm going to fall for ...Great Dane in the morning!  You weren't kidding, Cam!"
"They're behind a fence.  I think we're safe."

I know the fence looks fairly short, but they seemed to respect the boundaries set by it.

After a bit, I found the Ferris Wheel!

IMG_0168CamFair
"This'll be great fun!  Come on, Mags!"

I met the height requirement ...

IMG_0169CamFair
Me, by the measuring thingie

... though I would have had to ride with an adult.  That was OK, Mom would have gone with me - but for some reason, it wasn't up and running yet.  I'm not sure why they don't open at 7 in the morning, but they don't.

We walked around a bit more, then hit the concession area!

IMG_0170CamFair
"Oooh!  Let's get some ice!!!"

After that, it was on to the rodeo! Mags will fill you in on that tomorrow!

Cammie!

17 comments:

  1. Oh bears! #MaddiethePug has seen real bears you know. Why I used to hang out with them when I lived in Virginia with my daddy.
    Funnel cake sounds good; see if you can snag me a hot dog.
    xxxooo MaddiethePug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fairs are always such fun places to visit - especially when you get to try some yummy treats

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a shame they weren't open and ready for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some big bears! I can tell you are having the best time. stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, we would love to get inside those bears and see what the Bear Affair is all about!!! Bet they can be a lot of fun. Too bad they didn't open everything up for you two to have the park all to yourselves.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun time!!! Bears and rides, even a BUNNY!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bears and a bunny! That looks like fun! Our mommy and daddy are volunteering at our county fair this weekend so maybe they'll bring home something fun for us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you should go back at the right time to ride the ferris wheel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yoW! you pups have the most fun! those giant bears are both cute and creepy, mol. was the hot dog stand at least open?

    pip, smidgen, minnie, hollie

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like a wonderful place to visit. I hope you got some good foodables!

    Ziggy Out!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ALL the fun of the Fair...woohoo!!!
    AND bunnies, soooo cute and sooo edible!!!!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun! Bummer that you didn't get to ride the ferris wheel with your mom.

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What a super-duper adventure you had...though those bears were a little scary...did you bark at 'em? We would!

    Kiki and Nala

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's awful nice of the refreshment stand to offer giant corn to dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's awful nice of the refreshment stand to offer giant corn to dogs!

    ReplyDelete