Who We Are

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Instigating

Hello, everyone!  It's me, Cammie.  As you know, Maggie and I play Crazed River Otter Games quite frequently - both here in the house and while we're out on walks.  You might assume that Maggie, being the younger member of the pack, is the one who instigates the game, but I have a confession to make:  oftentimes, it's me.  Especially when we're out walking.  I was the instigator this morning and Mom caught a bit of it with her iPhone.  It goes something like this ...

It starts with a silent, sideways glance at Mags:

IMG_6256MagsCamReady
"What a nice w---wait.  Are you...."
"..."

See?  That's me, there on the right.  According to Mom, it looks a lot like the look Suzanna Hoffs from the Bangles does in "Walk Like An Egyptian". You know the one:


Like that. That's all it takes.  And then we launch!

IMG_6258MagsCamPlay
"Let the Crazed River Otter Games begin!"
"Ha rooooo!"
IMG_6260CamMagsPlay
"Gonna get you, Cam!"
"Not if I get you first!"

The key here is to act quickly and launch into the game before Mom and Dad can put space between us.

IMG_6261MagsCamPlay
"Uh oh!"
"BOOM!"

Unfortunately, they're catching onto my Suzanna Hoffs thing and usually separate us before we can have some fun.  Not this morning, though!

IMG_6262MagsCamTrail
"That was SO FUN!"
"I know, right?!?  ' ♩Walk like an Egyptian ...  "

Sorry.  That song is stuck in my head.  

And that's how I instigate the Crazed River Otter Game!  It doesn't take much.  It's so nice to have someone who understands my non-verbals like Maggie does!

Cammie!

13 comments:

  1. You know gussie and Maggie play the very same way, they are crazy in our house sometimes, every once in awhile they let me jump in, but usually not. I am not sure who starts it.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful game. Me and Stanley play something similar and of course it begins with "the look".

    Keep Calm & Bark On!

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  3. MOL MOL MOL WTG...just a sideways glance can put an entirely new spin on the day.
    I'm often accused of giving mom a stinky eye...I'm gonna tell her it is my impression of Walk like an Egyptian...songstress
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are going to have to come up with a new signal if the mom and dad have figure this one out MOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. WE have that ♫ PLAY LIKE A SIBERIAN ♫ song runnin through OUR Heads now...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sighs. Ruining our good times is what our 'rents do best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally get it Cammie, sometimes I like to blindside Arty too!! Like Jimmy Buffet says, just because we are growing older, doesn't mean we have to grow up!!
    Smileys!
    Dory

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it great how the eyes can deliver a message so clearly? Sometimes we just stand still and stare at each other, then BOOM!!! the games are on!!!

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  9. We crack up when we see you play
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  10. We so understand that the youngest is not always the instigator, Cammie. It's fun to tease her and get her going, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehe, that looks like GREAT funs....Go Maggie!!!!.....Go Cammie!!!! WOOHOO!!!!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. BOL! Just the right look is all you need.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's always fun to ambush your sibling.

    ReplyDelete