Who We Are

Tuesday, July 03, 2018

Sew What?!?

Greetings to all!  It's me, Maggie.  As we've been telling you, Cam and I have been helping Mom down in the Studio lately.  We thought you might be wondering what Mom's been working on, or as I like to say, "Sew what?"  I thought we'd show you a couple of the things today.

She did a bunch of little zippy bags first; her machine had been giving her fits and she thought she'd solved the problem.  She did - and it was her, not the machine.  Anyway, then she made a new bag out of a pair of Dad's pants.  I'm fairly sure he was done with the pants.  If not then, he is now.

IMG_2331MagsCamStudio
"Ha roo roo roo!  Get it, Cam?"
"Ha woo, that's a good one, Maggie!"

That's it, propped up against the Bernina behind Cam. Mom wasn't sure what to do next, so we pointed out that she had some webbing left from making some of our special leads for us, so maybe we could have new collars? She thought that was a great idea, so we   raced around like Crazed River Otters    kept her company while she made them.

When we got upstairs, it struck me that my new collar matches my Pickle!

IMG_2440MagsPickle
"Hey, Mom, what do you think?  New collar, new Pickle?"

I mean ... it's only right ... right?

IMG_2441MagsHeadTilt
"Please?"
"Oh, not the Head Tilt!  I can't resist the Head Ti---let me get you a cookie!"

Seriously.  I use my Head Tilt Superpowers sparingly, so when I do they are really effective!

Cam heard her open the cookie jar (of course), so we decided to strike a pose for Mom, showing off our new collars.

IMG_2429CamMagsNewCollars
"What matches mine?  A nice, fresh watermelon?"
"That sounds mighty good to me, Cam-a-roo!  Mom, we need new Pickles AND some watermelon!"

I didn't resort to the Head Tilt again, but I could have.  I'm fairly certain she was already putty in my paws.

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

11 comments:

  1. Maggie That Head tilt made mom say yes indeedy what ever you want.
    Watermelon sounds very refreshing and the purrfect color for Cam's new collar
    Inquiring minds want to know what/how your mom will use the former pants turn zippy bag?
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the perfect plan, girls - coordinating treats with your beautiful new collars! I love it and I love your mom's new bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new collars are purrfect! I think MANY treats are in order.

    ~Pigeon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maggie, Misty says you do the head tilt very well, and she agrees it really works wonders with the Moms.

    Pickles and wallymelon - oh YES!!!

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow your mom is very talented!! love the new collars
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a feeling your mom is ALWAYS putty in your paws.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure are an expert with that head tilt. We can't wait to see what else your mom is crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You both look very fancy in your new collars.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you both are so cute! Poor Dad, hoping he isn't wandering around pantless!! BOL! DakotasDen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd be putty in your paws if you head tilted at me! Wow, you two look fabulous in your new collars!!!

    I hope that your dad was fine with being finished with his pants :) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your mom is super talented with the things she can make! A bag and new collars! So very cool!

    Kiki and Nala

    ReplyDelete