Who We Are

Saturday, July 07, 2018

We Are Siberian Huskies

Greetings to all!  It's me, Maggie.  After doing some rather cooperative things lately (I showed you part of my bath/drying/brushing session and then yesterday's extremely cooperative pose), Cam and I thought we had best start acting more like Siberians -- you know, just enough to ensure that our Siberian Husky ID cards wouldn't be revoked or anything.  When Mom decided to take us out in the back yard after our walk this morning to pose in our gardens, we thought it would be the perfect time.

We stopped on the top tier first and ...

IMG_2617CamMagsTopTier
"What did you find?!?!"
"Not sure, Cam!  I think I smell a skink!"

We've only had a couple skink sightings this year, but I know they're out there!  Mom told us to sit if we wanted a treat.

IMG_2619CamMagsTopTier
"Can't I just have one because I'm cute?"
"BIRDIE!"

Hey.  I was sitting.

After that, Mom asked us to pose on the wall above the Black-Eyed Susans.

IMG_2624MagsBlackEyedSusans
"Hey!  I think the neighbors are out!"
"Maggie, look this way!  And sit, please.  Wait.  Cam?  Cam?  Umm..."

Meanwhile, further down the retaining wall ...

IMG_2625CamTopTier
"Cammie?!?"
"Oh, hi.  I just thought I'd scout out the next shot ..."

Oh, yeah.  About those paint swatches on the wall of the house right by the deck ... we're going to have our house painted when the temps break and Mom was auditioning colors.  Pay that area no mind!

Anyway, Cam wanted to go down to the bottom tier.  Mom thought it would be nice to get us by the Crape Myrtle, so ...

IMG_2612MagsCamCrapeMyrtle
"Cam's stepping on my leash."
"Mine's all wrapped around---WAIT!  Look, Maggie!  Bees!"
"OK, girls.  Let's move on!"

Mom can be such a kill-joy sometimes.  What's the harm in pouncing on a bee or two?!?  And diving off the retaining wall?!?

We went up by the Daisies.  Mom wanted us by the Wildflower Garden, but we sat on the brick pathway and refused to move.  You can kind of see the garden behind us.

IMG_2616MagsCamGarden
"Does anyone else want to line up to do the Bunny Hop?"
"Speaking of bunnies, I think I see ..."
"OK, girls  Inside!!!"

Anyway, I think our Siberian Husky-ness is safe once again.  Oh.  And we did some posing in the Friendship Garden, too.  We'll share those photos with you tomorrow.

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

7 comments:

  1. Your gardens are just so beautiful, girls, and we love those nice high walls for posing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what a beautiful day for posing on the lovely wall. MOL skinks and bees can be so distracting.
    Hugs madi your bff

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you girls were having a fun time hanging out in the garden. Good thing you didn't pose too nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't think your cards are ever in danger of being revoked. We really enjoyed today's pics. Happy Caturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos! Enjoy your Sunday tomorrow in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mom is very patient with you both! But she has to understand us Siberians can be only so cooperative!

    Kiki and Nala

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Sibes are part-cat. You pose like cats, and you box like cats!

    ~Pigeon

    ReplyDelete