Who We Are

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Earning Our Keep

Ha roo, pups and cool cats!  It's me, Zim!  We've had an out-of-town visitor here for the past few days and Dave and I thought we'd show you just how very hard we work to earn our keep around here.  It all started days in advance of the visit, of course ...

First we cleaned the upstairs and got the guest rooms ready.  The next day, we went after the downstairs.  The odd part was that on both days, Mom either put up a barrier or closed the door, confining us boys to the main floor of the house.  We took that as a sign that we should  take a nap  stand Guard Duty.  Sure it's hard work, but we're up to it!

The day our visitor was due to arrive, we got busy sprucing up the main floor.  First, I helped with the dusting.

IMG_7748 Zim
"Hey, Mom.  You missed a spot."

I did a bang-up job, as you can imagine.  

Next, it was on to the vacuuming, as you saw yesterday.

IMG_7751 Zim
"I want this floor so clean, I can eat off of it!  
Oh... wait... I guess I already do..."

Even though I was  all comfy  being tremendously helpful, Mom suggested I move.  Fine.  I went to join Dave in other pursuits.  We got very busy deciding how else we could be of assistance, when ...

IMG_7753 Dave and Zim
"Yeah... so after that, we'll put on a zoomies show..."

..."Vacula", as many of you know it, found us.  I decided to leave, but Dave ... there's one place Dave likes to be when Mom vacuums.  Check it out:

IMG_7755 Dave
This is Dave.  Not a Hostess Cupcake.

I hope he didn't over-do it in there.

I got busy in the dining room, putting some Sibe fluff back on the carpet where it belongs, and arranging the chairs.

IMG_7754 Zim 

I reminded Mom that I could see the sawed down part of the drywall and counters from the dining room (we're in the midst of a kitchen renovation - Mom's posting pix over on her blog, if you're interested -- part 1, part 2). I suggested she might want to do something to dress that area up a bit. Flowers, perhaps?

IMG_7759 Flowers
Nice touch, Mom!
   
Much better! No one will ever notice that the kitchen is ripped up. 

During dinner time, Dave and I took turns policing up any food that might drop.

IMG_7766 Dave
Davy.  Working hard to keep the dining room clean.

Dave's really good at that.  Notice how he's combining that task with snuggling with Dad's feety-feet?  He's a multi-tasker!  (Remember, we are trained professional Working Breed dogs; don't try this at home!)

Once dinner was almost finished, Dave and I put on a show for everyone!  Nothing like dinner and a show - right?  The one photo Mom got isn't very good, but you get the general idea:
 
IMG_7775 Dave and Zim
It's showtime!

That had some added excitement, since Mom is still babying Dave and doesn't want him to play all the great husky games we were BORN to play.  It was great, trust me!

Apparently, the Zim and Dave Show wasn't enough for the bipeds, and they decided to watch a movie.  Please.  A movie?  When you have us around?!?  Not part of our agenda!  Since Dave has such an outstanding singing voice, we thought it would be a great idea to have him perform a bit.  Hit it, Davy!

IMG_7777 Dave
"WooOOooOO!"

Notice how he planted himself right in front of the TV!  What a pro!  Well done, Davy!  Well done!

As I said, we are professionals, so we're used to this kind of work.  We're Siberian Huskies, it's what we do ... and it's truly how we earn our keep.  I'm sure we'll be well-rewarded after the visit is over!  Ha roo!

Play bows,
Zim


16 comments:

  1. Wow, you guys are just amazing! I'm so proud of you for all that hard work. I bet you'll get extra treats for all that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job boys.... especially on putting the floof back on the floor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dog I am just tired watching and reading all this. You really are working dogs. Hostess cupcake hahhahhahha. Loved that.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys worked really hard to get the house ready for company!

    Drools and licks,
    Minnie and Mack

    PeeS: Hu-mom enjoying checking out your mom's blog with the pix. Looking forward to following the remodel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need a LOOOOOONG nap after just READING this. I think company is FUN butt Tooooooo much work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have been WAITING for this post and you did not disappoint.

    Dave and Zim = best hosts ever!

    xoxo,

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man you guys really are hard working, love Dave performing right in front of the TV, funny.

    The silvers and more

    ReplyDelete
  8. Making sure the bed is comfy enough is VERY important

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quilt sightings! Just thought I should say that.... You certainly are big helpers! Yes, Santa DID mention you....it was all good, don't worry....

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahahah I love that last picture of Dave! Darwin does the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Zimmie, I will expect nothing less if I ever get to come and visit you.

    Auntie Trace

    ReplyDelete
  12. Outstanding work. You have made the breed proud!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hee hee! you two are sure to get a huge bonus :D

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish your mom would have gotten a video of you singing to your visitor, Dave! I bet he/she was impressed!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  15. How'd we miss this post! Probably because we were napping while you two were obviously very hard at work! Hostess Cupcake - BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You boys sure were some great help to mom I am sure. :)

    ReplyDelete