Who We Are

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Kickin' Back on a Saturday

Ha roo, pups and cool cats!  It's me, Zim!  So there I was ... I slept in until 0330 (it is the weekend, and even I like to get in a little extra shut-eye!), took my dad on an extra-long walk, did zoomies, had a great sing-along with Dave, ate a little chow ... and then it was time for a nap.  I think you all have seen that for TV time, Mom sits on a cushion on the floor and Dave has one of our quilts right beside it so he can snuggle up for tummy rubs?  Yeah.  Well, last night, Mom left the cushion out and it's still there ... so ...

IMG_6666 Zim
"Oh... yeah.  Comfy!"

I have to tell you, it was mighty comfy!  

I enjoyed it for a while, then Mom came over and I told her about a great idea I came up with!

IMG_7491 Zim
"What if Davy laid on the cushion and then you could sit over there on the poufy quilt?"

See?  Dave could lay up here on the nice cushion and Mom could sit on the quilt!  Great, huh?  Yeah, well, that didn't seem to go over well and Mom decided to put  Dave's  her cushion away before I came up with any other ideas.  Fine.  Just trying to think of Dave's back and all.

IMG_7613 Zim

I'll be in the bedroom in my sun puddle if anyone needs me.  It's only 0900; I have plenty of time for a nap, then I can think up some more great ideas!  I hope you're getting the most out of your Saturday!

Play bows,
Zim

13 comments:

  1. That was so thoughtful of you Zim to suggest that Dave should have the comfy cushion instead of your mom.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't believe you slept in so late today Zim! Maybe you'll get extra walks today sine you're so well rested! It was very nice of you to think of the cushion for Davy and we don't understand why your mom doesn't agree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zim you are so very thoughtful to keep your brothers best interest front and center. I think it was a GREAT idea. To bad you mom didn't think so. But I know you will come up with and even better idea in no time.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my goodness. I let my humans sleep until 6:45. I'll be sure to let them know that they can quite all their belly aching or I'll have you give me a wake up call when you wake up tomorrow.

    xoxo,

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  5. mom isup here at 4:50 daily...you had a very busy day
    Snuggles,
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm....
    Not funny your mom ruined your idea, right??
    But... I guess that sunny spot was great too!
    Happy Saturday!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  7. boy, we were half way through our day by the time you woke up.

    And right now, I am wishin we had slept in too.

    I am soooo tired.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. At least you tried.
    Thank goodness for sun puddles

    The silvers and more

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a superb idea!
    By the way we love the prints of the quilt!!
    Hi to Dave!!

    Cheers,
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Zim, you really know how to pack in the action! You are so sweet to look out for Dave the way you do. The quilt and cushion are kind of a set...so by extension, technically, the cushion is Dave's...can't understand why your mom wouldn't go along with your idea, Zim. Enjoy your sun puddle and think time :D

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're an ideas man Zimmie, that's what I like about you! Well, one of the things I like about you.

    Huffs

    ReplyDelete
  13. that cushion was just screaming to be napped on

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete