Who We Are

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Fire Department Headquarters

Ha roo, pups and cool cats!  It's me, Zim!  Remember on Friday and Saturday, I showed you some pix from my visit with my goat and sheep friends?  What a great adventure that was!  It didn't end there, though - and I thought I'd show you the rest of my cool adventure today.

Once my friends left to attend their class at KSU, I thought a little exploring was in order.  I suggested to Mom that we cross the street and go over here:

IMG_7539 Zim

It's the headquarters for our city's Fire Department. I thought I'd stop by, see if the Dalmatian was in, and pay my respects.


I'm assuming they have one -- isn't it a requirement that Dalmatians run Fire Departments?  Unfortunately, he didn't seem to be in - must have been out on a call or something.

I did find a big stretch of honeysuckle vines that just called out for some exploring!

IMG_7541 Zim
"Wow!  I never knew that!"

There were TONS of great messages in there! It was like a pup version of a library - I learned about all kinds of cool stuff snoofing through the vines!!!

When we got to the end of where the honeysuckle was growing, I saw something else that caught my eye; check it out!

IMG_7542 Zim
"Wowzers!  What's that?!?"

I wanted to go check it out, but Mom wouldn't let me.  She said it's part of the Fire Department's training equipment.  I'd love to zip up all those stairs and call out a nice, loud "HA ROO!" from the top of the tower, but I guess I'll just have to make do with our cat walk... unless I can meet up with the Dalmatian and get an invite from him!  How cool would that be?

Have a great day, everyone!
Play bows,
Zim

20 comments:

  1. That would be SO awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks like fun! I bet the Dalmation will invite you to join him for a stair romp if you ask extra-nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a shame the dalmation was out. I'm sure if he new you were coming he would have been happy to show you around. It's fun to watch those firemen when they practice with that tower :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would be so cool to go up there. I hope the Dalmation invites you soon. Just don't look down when ya get up there.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  6. you know, we read about your adventures and it is ALMOST enough to make us consider taking walks (and then we take a nap and reconsider)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Mother In Law works for the fire department, Baily always wanted to be a fire dog

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOAH! Super super cool.

    xoxo,

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:04 PM

    Very cool training! I dont see why woo couldnt train there yourself. Btw, please let your mom know that she's in big trouble. She got me hooked on Draw Something! Darn it! I cant stop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very interesting day! Too bad you couldn't go up into the training tower...

    Drools and licks,
    Minnie and Mack

    ReplyDelete
  11. You got to go to a Dawg LIBRARY??? WOW!! You will be soooooo smart that you will be able to answer ALL of our imPAWtant questions and stuffs.

    I am sorry you didn't get to climb the cool steps.. HEY... maybe if you Ask nicely... you could go up a FEW and get some pictures and do one of George's Saturday Steps Guest Posts and tell all about Dalmations and Fire Depts. and the history and stuffs. I am sure you know since the Library Shrubs were so CLOSE and all.
    It would be GRRRRREAT. You guys would do a super job of that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool spot to check out! Its too bad you couldnt climb up that tower!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maybe that dalmatian will invite you over for a special tour of the tower. How cool would that be?

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  14. Zim, that tower almost looks higher than the Top of the World! We love high places and think it would be so fun to explore up there :) We're sorry you missed the Dalmation Fire Chief; maybe the next time you have an adventure there. Purrs,

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, HOllie

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's too bad the Dalmation was out on a call! It would have been cool to run up in that tower with him!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sure it was very interesting to be there!
    Maybe next time you can see the Dalmation!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, people could hear you HA ROO all over town, from up there.Hope you get see the Dalmatian soon.

    The silvers and more

    ReplyDelete
  18. We think you could handle the fire department just fine
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  19. Whoa! That's some building!

    Cheers,
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. You do go on the best adventures, Zimmie!

    Huffs

    ReplyDelete