Who We Are

Saturday, April 07, 2012

Full "Pink" Moon

Woo, everypup and everycat!  It's me, Dave.  Did you catch our buddy Remington's blog yesterday?  He posted a reminder that last night would be the full moon and told us that this month's moon is called the Full Pink Moon (so named for the pink-colored wild ground phlox that's normally in bloom).  Zim and I promised we'd give a listen for Remington's howl coming down from the north, then head out to join him!

So there we were, having a nice, quiet evening, watching that Hercule Poirot guy solve a mystery ...

IMG_7443 Dave
"Whodunnit, Mom?"

...when I sensed something was about to happen!

IMG_7449 Dave and Zim
"Can you all feel that?!?  It's coming!"

And then it hit!

IMG_7452 Dave and Zim
"Ahhhh-woooOOOOoooo!"

It was time!  We headed outside with Mom and here's what we saw!

DSCN3315 6 APR 12 full moon

That's the moon breaking through the neighbors' tree. It looked HUGE last night!

DSCN3316 6 APR 12 full moon

Definitely something to howl about!

DSCN3317 6 APR 12 full moon

We went out a bit later on, too, and took a clean shot of the moon:

DSCN3323 6 APR 12 full moon

Isn't it gorgeous?

I hope you were able to see the moon wherever you were last night.  And if so - did you give a good howl??!  Ahhh-woooooOOOOooooo!

Luv,
Dave

PS:  I wonder if Remington heard us?

17 comments:

  1. My mom person saw it and did a bit of howling herself!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful pink moon shots, guys! I'm pretty sure Remington heard me. I sure howled loud enough!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH our "goshesses" and goodnesses!!! What an absolutely gorgeous moon! We wanted to see it over Bryce, but Momma got ill last night - she was really sad, but is so better today and we're all so happy to have seen it over at your place! Simply gorgeous! (And we love you lying on somebuddy's feet!)
    Hugs xoxo
    Sammie and Avalon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I let out a big old howl, yes I did.
    MOM love the pictures with the trees.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiiiii!!! Woah! We missed it, but so glad you have these wonderful pink moon photos!
    Thank you and have a great weekend friends :)

    Sweet hugs,
    Sierra Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Easter, Zimmie and Davey!!! Great pink moon photos.

    Love,

    Piappies Fudgie, Princess, Frappie, Mocha, Sugar, Wai-Max, Wai-Pai & Forgie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now SEE? I THOUGHT that Remington and Sasha were kinda LOUD sounding when I took Ernie out to listen last night. I guess I was hearing You and Zim too. I know it was like MUSIC to Our Ears!! And the Moon like Candy to our Eyes.

    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous moon! it was huge here too! we had a bit of cloud cover and our mom said at times, it reminded her of a horror movie shot :D Hey...we think we heard you pups!

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnnie, HOllie

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had a clear night for the first time in forever so I could see and howl at the moon too! I thought I heard you too Dave! :)

    Woos,
    Sadie

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was such a beautiful moon. Any buddy howl?
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  11. We saw it last night as well. It was HUGE and so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes.... GORGEOUS!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes we saw it too! Thanks for sharing this beautiful shot with us!! Mom and i did some howling yesterday and i think we got complaints from the neighbors..LOL!!
    That's really nice, spending time with family watching tv! We do that a lot too over here! :))

    Cheers and happy easter!

    Maxx and family

    ReplyDelete
  14. We saw it too! Looked like it was going to crash into our estate it was so gigantic.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful pictures.

    The silvers and more

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't howl at the moon, but I snored at it a whole bunch. That's like a boxer howl. ;)

    ReplyDelete