Who We Are

Thursday, April 19, 2012

How To Get My Attention

Woo, everypup and everycat!  It's me, Dave!  So ... yesterday was a sunny, breezy, beautiful day here.  Mom decided it was time for Zim and me to pose in the front yard, in front of the Support Our Troops sign.    That didn't sound like a lot of fun to us guys, so instead of posing, we did this:

IMG_7636 Zim and Dave

Zim was looking for bugs and I was having a nice roll in the cool grass! Mom tried almost everything in her little bag of tricks to get us to pose nicely, but instead, we did more of ...

IMG_7641 Zim and Dave

That grass felt sooooo good! I did a little more rolling:

IMG_7637 Dave

Zimmie got bored looking for bugs and decided to see if any of his kit-cat friends were in the neighborhood. While he looked around, Mom snapped a profile shot of him.

IMG_7640 Zim

She was hoping I'd be willing to pose (or at least get up), but I was otherwise engaged... like so:

IMG_7642 Dave
"Ohhhh.... yeahhhhhh.....!"

It's the next best thing to making snow angels!

Anyway, Mom put Zim back in the house, then she and I came back outside.  She said she had the perfect way to get me to look at the camera.  Ha!  Surrrrrrrrre you do, M--WAIT!

IMG_7657 Dave
"Is that what I think it is!?!?!"

She had a secret weapon, alright!

IMG_7658 Dave and his football
"Squeaky Camo Football!!!"

I hadn't played with my Squeaky Camo Football in AGES!  We had such fun playing -- just gently, don't want to over-do -- then I did a tough-guy pose for Mom:

IMG_7659 Dave and his football

After that, Mom said we could either go on a very short walk or play a little more football.  I couldn't decide which to choose, so ...

IMG_7654 Dave and his football

...I took my Squeaky Camo Football on our walk!

What a great afternoon!  I hope something equally fun is on tap for today -- for all of us!

Luv,
Dave

19 comments:

  1. Good call on taking the ball with you. Does Zim mind when you go off without him?
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom is very smart.

    How was it taking a toy on a walk? I might need to try that sometime!

    xoxo,

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  3. that does look like fun - and we have no idea what your mom thinks is wrong with that first picture. MOL Mom would love to open her window at work but moaned about some lawn mower thingy - apparently it is very loud and the cut grass makes her sneeze. moms, what can you do?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos and that grass is thick and beautiful! It sure looks soft too. Enjoy your nice day!

    Nina, Myshka, Sasha, Betsy, Lucy, Phoebe and Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's a VERY tough-looking picture of you! Your camo football looks like a whole lot of fun. Did it enjoy going on the walk with you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:33 PM

    Well of course you took your football for a walk! Only a sibe could figure out how to have his football and walk it too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Dave, you sure gave your mom a hard time just getting a picture of you. I like your manly pose that you finally let her take of you.

    Cindy & Nina

    ReplyDelete
  8. After all these years, your mum still needs more training. Way to go, Davy.

    Huffs

    ReplyDelete
  9. a squeaky football and bugs....perfect day!
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Dave!
    Sure your mom knows you!
    I know you had a pawesome walkie with your toy included!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dave, we think your and Zim's idea was much better to posing :) we can totally relate! You know, Wriggley likes to take his toys for walkies too - he says you are SO a Lab ;D

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Dave, you just melt out hearts! You are such a sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to feel that lush grass between my toesies!
    ; ) Katie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rolling in your lush green grass sure looks fun, and a ball and a walk, your mom is the best.

    The silvers and more

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmm, I don't know, Dave - that sure looks like a "pose-y" roll to me! ;-) Don't models have to go to special schools to learn to pose "casually" like that? :-)

    I've tried taking my stuffie on walks sometimes but my human always takes it off me before we leave the house - coz she says I'm lazy and won't carry it more than 5 metres and she'd end up being the one who has to carry it the whole rest of the walk! ;-)

    Slobbers,
    Honey the Great Dane

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a perfect day and a pawsome walk! I would be rolling on them green green grass too if i was there! Good call on the football there mom! :)

    Cheers,
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are so smart to bring your football along on your walk, Dave!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mom sure knows your weakness. Cameo football! Nice to see you roaching and walking. You must be feeling better.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great post! She totally has your number Davey. I'm glad you had so much fun and I LOVE your tough guy pose. ;D

    ReplyDelete