Who We Are

Saturday, January 31, 2015

About That Portrait ...

Greetings to all!  It's me, Maggie.  As Cammie mentioned yesterday, there was a reason I held still while Mom did some portrait work - I wanted a decent shot of myself to use for something special!  I was pleased with the one Cam showed you and got right to work with it.

First, I rewarded Mom for doing a good job - then told her what I wanted to do with the portrait.

IMG_4055MagsWhisper
"And then, Mom ... whisper, whisper, whisper!"

I hope she's good at keeping secrets!

After we printed it up, I got Mom to write out a check to support Sarge's Animal Rescue, then we sealed both up in an envelope.

IMG_4058MagsEnvelope
"Shouldn't we have used one of our Ronald Reagan stamps?  I think that would have been more apropos!"

Yes.  It's a little something for Typhoon of The Thundering Herd.

IMG_4060MaggieEnvelope
"Have you heard about the fund-raiser The Herd is doing?"

Have you heard about the fund raiser they're doing for Sarge's Animal Rescue Foundation?  Please click here to learn all about it; I know they'd appreciate any help you can give.

IMG_4061MagsMail
"Oooh.  Someone left a message here.  I think it was Barkly."

So ... yes.  My support is going to Typhoon.  Why him?  Well, he's energetic, is into body-slamming wrestling matches, zoomies, and singing.  He always seems to be in "trouble" -- whatever that is.  All I know is he sounds like MY kind of Siberian!

I'm very new to this whole Valentine thing, but I gave it my best shot.  I hope it's not too much, too over the top, too ... schmaltzy.  I almost didn't do it, but Cam said she didn't think I had gone too far, and Mom and Dad approved ... so I sent it.

Is the suspense too much?  OK - I'll show it to you now, but you have to promise not to say anything to Typhoon until he sees it.  OK?  It's a SECRET!!!  Promise?  OK, here it is:

ValentineTakeOne

You don't think it's too much, do you?

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

PS:  Learn how to support the Thundering Herd's fund-raiser by clicking here!

8 comments:

  1. He will be smitten for sure. How could he resist. Have a super Saturday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. We promise not to tell Typhoon. (And Sarge's says Thank You!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful card to end

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, thats very sweet Mags, what a lovely thingy to do
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. We think that was just pawfect!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, I didn't get on the computer yesterday so going back to read the post. Have a wonderful day!
    Wags,
    Hunter & Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a pawfect card, Maggie! I know Typhoon will LOVE it. And don't worry -- our lips are sealed!

    ReplyDelete