Who We Are

Thursday, January 29, 2015

What A Day!

Greetings to all!  It's me, Mags!  Cam and I had a wonderful day yesterday - a long walk at Tuttle Creek State Park, lots of zoomies, playtime in the yard with Mom (I played Siberian Rules Fetch!), lots more zoomies, relaxing on the deck - it was a day full of activity!  It was GREAT -- except for the whole "over 70 degrees" thing.  That was a bit much.  Oddly enough, Mom and Dad remained seriously thrilled with the weather.  Cam and I are happier today, as our temps have begun to plummet and there's snow in the forecast!

I did think you might enjoy seeing some of the photos from our walk!  Our route started on Eagle Pass Trail.  Here we are, heading out:

IMG_4080MagsCamEaglePassTrail
Me and Cam on Eagle Pass Trail!

You may notice I've already turned on my Turbo Boosters! I was so totally ready to GO! I love that trail!

Along the way, we saw not one but TWO Bald Eagle couples! Mom's photos of the first couple were much sharper. Here are a few for your viewing enjoyment:

IMG_5090BaldEagles(5B)
The Bald Eagles in conference

IMG_5110BaldEagle
I'm not sure I like the way this one was looking at my mom

IMG_5121BaldEagle
Bald Eagle doing his serious look!

Cam and I stayed on the trail with Dad while Mom moved a little closer for some of the photos.  She didn't go near their nest, as that's a big "no-no" (apparently there are no-nos for bipeds, not just for us!), but these guys were further away, so Mom thought it would be OK to go a little bit off-trail.

Everything was fine until they gave her this look:

IMG_5128BaldEagles
Both Bald Eagles, looking right at my mom

She decided she'd best get back on the trail and start moving away.  Good decision, Mom!

Further down the trail, we saw a younger couple, too!  It was a great Eagle-spotting day!

At the end of the trail, we decided to walk through the campgrounds a bit, then took a road that loops back around Willow Lake.  We walked with Dad for a bit so Mom could get some shots of tiny birds.

IMG_4085CamMagsMike
Cam, me, and Dad.  Dad's the tall one.

We love the trail, but by heading back this way we (a) get a longer walk and (b) see different things.   It's a win-win!

IMG_4086CamMagsRoadMarch
Cam and me, enjoying the walk!

When we were almost back to the SUV, I stopped and struck a pose on a big rock!

IMG_4092Mags
Me!  Polargold's Margaret Thatcher!

A most excellent walk on a most excellent day!  If you'd like to see more photos from our walk, please click here!  I hope you packed as much fun into your day as we did!

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

14 comments:

  1. it is hard to understand why the peeps like the warm weather - we would prefer the cold too - but then Mom doesn't like taking us walkies when it is too cold

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a mighty fine pose on the rock, Maggie! I guess your momma earned the treat, after she was so good with the bald eagles and took you on a long walk and all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looked like a pawfect walkies to me. Those bald eagles are truly amazing birdies
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics... For such BIG birds... Eagles surely have LITTLE SHORT tails...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was one walk we are jealous of!
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  6. We can't believe it is so warm there! Your mom took some pretty pictures but weren't you so HOT after your big walk?

    KIki and Nala

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely walk MAggie!!
    Our Mama so wants to see some Bald Eagles....we are thinking she may leave us home for the day and head up the Oregon coast to find one!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete

  8. What a great walk and great photos!! I will be glad when it warms up just a little so Mom will stay out longer. I'm lucky in that I have a daily dog walker that takes me out once or twice on the days that Mom works! Shes fun!


    Abby the Lab

    ReplyDelete
  9. hah! who knew Bald Eagles gave the stink-eye? :D Beautiful pictures of you pups and the eagles!

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an excellent trail that would be! Any your mom got some wonderful photos (as usual).

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great day!! The pictures of the eagles are incredible. Thank you for sharing those. I am glad you both had such a nice walk.


    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent walk my fine friends and we loved seeing the eagles. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  13. We're glad you moved away from the nesting eagles. Our mom will never forget the time she was chased and pecked by a hawk because she was too close. She can't even imagine being attacked by an eagle! OMD!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great walk. I'm always amazed at how many eagle's you see!

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete