Who We Are

Sunday, January 04, 2015

Serene Sunday

Hello, everyone!  It's me, Cammie.  This is a little bit of a different Sunday post for us - we've been out walking, but Mom didn't take any photos of serene scenery.  Something about an 87 pound camera not pairing up well with a torn rotator cuff ... but we aren't sure of details.  ANYWAY, we do have some serene photos for you and they started a bit like this:

IMG_3565MagsCam
"Hi, Mom.  Can we do special chew toys or shall I just use Cam's neck?"
"Please, Mom!"

See, Maggie gets tired of her GoughNuts toys and needs something else to chew on. Other than me, that is. So, under supervision, there are other toys we can chew on!

IMG_3569CamMags
Me and Mags with our toys

I have a KONG dental stick and Mags has a KONG tire. Mom crammed a treat into each and oh, did we have fun chewing!

This is me with my toy:

IMG_3575CamToy
"I love this toy!"

Maggie used to be allowed to use this type of toy, but once she got her big-girl teeth in, she would tear chunks off these in a matter of seconds. Her KONG toys are the black kind:

IMG_3571MaggiePawsToy
"Here's my toy, everybody!"

She can get chunks off those, too, but not as fast.  Same with the traditional style of KONGs.  As long as Mom is watching, she's good to go.

IMG_3580CamToy
Me, making sure I got all traces of the treat out

I love playing with our toys. It gives us both a great sense of peacefulness.

IMG_3589CamMagsToys

Don't worry. I know she's behind me.

And guess what?!?  Our visitor arrives tomorrow!!!  Do you know who's coming yet?

Cammie!

14 comments:

  1. Oh dog...who could it be!!!!??
    We think it is time for Mama to let us chew on our kong toys for a bit.....hmmmmmm
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't WAIT to see who is coming to visit...

    OMD YES............ it is sooooooo relaxing to Gnaw on somethingy... We love doing it also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nothing says serene like two crazed river otters enjoying down time with chew toys :D we saw who your visitor is, hee hee! hmmm...have the proper authorities been notified?

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our pups need the black Kongs too, but they seem to lose interest in them really fast, regardless of what is stuffed in there?

    Who is coming? We can't wait to find out.

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  5. there is nothing better than a good chew toy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your visitor behaves for your mum with her sore shoulder. But I can't promise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had a chew toy like dat (wiff treats inside). You look so serene dare chewing away.
    No guesses... but can't wait to see who it is.
    Wags,
    Ranger

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love our chew toys too! We can't wait to see who your visitor is!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Torn rotator cuff - ouch! NOT a good thing at all!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love chewing on our nylabones and antlers. We are both the same way with softer toys too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad you got chew toys, I bet it saves a lot of wear and tear on you Cammie. I can't wait to see your visitors.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  12. After we saw yur pictures we told our mom to get our kongs out and fill them full of goodies for us to chew on....sometimes hers gets lazy.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the warm welcome mates!!

    Timber

    ReplyDelete
  14. At least you still got to go for walkies! It would be REALLY bad if a torn rotator cuff stopped THAT!

    ReplyDelete