Who We Are

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

No Birds Means ...

Greetings to all!  It's me, Mags!  Yesterday ended up being bright and sunny - just like we thought it would be!  Our high temp was right around 70, which seemed to please Mom and Dad. Cam and I were along for the ride -- I mean YES, we'd have preferred a blizzard, but we were happy enough with what we had.

In the afternoon, Mom thought we girls should go out on the deck and do some bird watching.  Sounded good to me!  Unfortunately, there were absolutely NO birds around.  What did that mean to me and Cam, you might be wondering.  It meant Mom eventually swapped out her big, honkin' camera lens for a much smaller one ... and it was portrait time.  Did she consult with us first?  Did she ask if there was anything else on our schedule?  Did she have treats?  I thought I'd share the results with you and you can answer those questions for yourself.

Here's a portrait of the two of us:

IMG_4899CamMags
"Hey, girls!?!  Girls!  Cam!  Mags?"
"Don't look at her, Mags."
"No problem, Cam."

Mom thought maybe one at a time would work out better.  I was looking in her general direction, so she started with me.

IMG_4900Mags
"Ooh!  What's this!?"

Is it my fault something caught my eye right when she took the shot?  Besides, Cam was watching.  Oh.  And so Mom saw her and thought she'd fire off a couple frames of her looking our way.  Sounds good, don't you think?

IMG_4903Cam
"Hey!  Look!  Yuntao just pulled up."

Gotta keep an eye on the neighbors - am I right?  Besides, we like him.  He always says hello to us and calls us by name.  Very polite.  (And I'm not just saying that because his wife makes incredibly tasty Chinese foods that she has brought Mom and Dad.)

Anyway - where was I?  Oh, right.  So Mom told me to go get by Cam and she'd try us together again.  Fine by me.

IMG_4910CamMags
"Hi, Peeps."
"Is this close enough, Mom?"

Mom went down the steps, like she was going to go down to the lower deck.  Cammie was watching her.  When she got to the landing, she turned real fast and fired off a shot!  Fortunately ...

IMG_4927MagsCam
Super Puppy to the rescue!

... I jumped into the frame JUST.  IN.  TIME!  Whew.  Close call.

IMG_4930MagsCam
"What a close call, huh, Cam?!?"
"What was I thinking?!?  She almost got me looking right at her!"

Anyway, we sure had fun out there!  We eventually went down on the lower deck and played with our toys and chased each other and stuff.  I think there's more of that on today's agenda.  Oh. And I think Mom's going to leave the camera in the house this time.  

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

9 comments:

  1. That was some fast action, gals, making sure no good portraits were done. If your mom wants you two to be super models, she better up the treats, eh?

    Kiki and Nala

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just adore the picture of you checking out the neighbors, Cammie. Your mom got some superduper shots!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. You girls are experts at avoiding the paparazzi. Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew...that last one was close!! We hate when our Mama interferes with our schedule too!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMD you should both teach camera avoidance classes. I would be glad to attend. Good job!

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing like neighbourhood watch when on Homeland Security we say. So important to check out the hood regularly. Nice shots mum. Have a wonderful Wednesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Impressive! Those Puparazzi will never catch you!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got to keep those peeps in line! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was pretty good!
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete