Who We Are

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Weather Pup?

Greetings to all!  It's me, Maggie.  Like so many of you in the Midwest, we've been getting bombarded lately with tons of rain and storms.  My great-sisters Jesse and Ammy had wonderful noses for weather, so I've been thinking I might try to follow in their footsteps and see if Meteorology might be a good career path for me.  I mean, it's an exciting field and with all the craziness in the weather lately, I might as well test it out!

With this in mind, I headed out front the other evening.  I did the first thing any GOOD meteorologist should do - I checked the skies!

IMG_8367MagsMammatusClouds
"Oooh, funky clouds!"

Doesn't that look awesome?  Here's a better look at the sky:

IMG_8371MammatusClouds

I thought back to the Meteorology lessons I'd learned right here on the Ao4 Digest and knew they were Mammatus Clouds!

IMG_8372MagsMammatusClouds
"Yep.  Mammatus clouds.  They really don't mean there's an impending tornado, contrary to popular belief."

They ARE associated with thunderstorms, but not always severe weather.  They are the result of moist air sinking into dry air -- think of them as upside-down clouds!

IMG_8375MagsMammatusClouds
"Should be just a t-storm, neighbor - no tornadoes!  Drive safely!"
"Thanks, Mags!"

Yep.  I may have found another job around here!

IMG_8373MagsMammatusClouds
"She ought to make it home before the rain hits."

This is pretty exciting!  Do any of you have a passion for the weather?

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

10 comments:

  1. Gosh Mags I finks yous better than any weatherman we have here!
    If I send you a photo of our sky in the morning will you let me nose if I will get wet paws or not…'cos I don't likes wet paws!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, Maggie. Mom thinks Ciara has inherited Phantom's storm prediction skills. She seems to sense the storms a day or so before they get here, and not always in a good way:( She seems to be anticipating a stormy week ahead:(

    Happy weekend.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  3. We wish those storms would go away! They are skery. Hide under the bed
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margaret T.... we KNOW fur a FACT that you could NOT do WORSE than the TV weather blabbers.... so GO FUR it Gal.... Go fur it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you working breeds just never give up! I admire your work ethic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Mags! We've never seen those mamma-toes clouds before. Must be a midwest thingy. Butt we do love weather...when we have it!

    -Ruby and Otto

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are cool drool clouds. I for one love a good thunder and lightning storm. So tell me, how many jobs do the average working breed have??? Seems you have quite a few.
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. We think you're a natural, Maggie. If we had control of the weather, we would make thunderstorms go away forever!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  9. That last photo is gorgeous. I am sure you would do as good a job as my local weather folks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful yet very scary pictures! We hate thunderstorms so much! You are very brave to even be outdoors!

    Kiki and Nala

    ReplyDelete