Who We Are

Sunday, December 31, 2006

More From Last Year - Meteorology 101

Hi everypuppy! It's me - Amber! You've heard my sister and brothers and me mention that I always know if we're going to get snow - or not. My great-sister Jesse had the same gift! Apparently, I'm like her in MANY ways! :)

Stormy asked me to teach Meteorology 101 at the Stormy Zoluschka Kryschtal School of Siberian Studies, so I took Zim under my paw starting a couple years ago and have been trying to teach him.

Here we are at a training session from last year. This is me on the right - with Zim's leash on. (Have I mentioned lately that Mom's color-blind?) See the look on my face? That's my "I smell SNOW" look. See the look on Zimmie's face? That's his "OOhhh, I smell something in the pine tree" look. Hee hee hee!

I had to get his attention.
Zimmie! Get your nose out of the pine tree and pay attention!

That's better. Now... hold your nose just like this ....
Can you smell that? Concentrate! Yes, Zimmie! Yes! That's SNOW!!!!!

He was tired from our lesson ... and a wee bit damp from me having to throw him around from time to time, but he's really catching on! I think I'll make him into a good meteorologist yet!

For the record - and here's the BIG news of the day - when Mom took me out this morning, I told her there's a chance of snow today. Guess what? It's FLURRYING right now!!!! :) I'll try to take a picture and post it soon! I'm so excited!!! Maybe this is the snow C-K-C had!

Have a safe and happy New Year, everypup!

Love,
Amber

PUP-date! Mom just took these pix of me out in the flurries! Can you see it coming down? Or maybe you can kind of see it on the grass? Maybe if you click on a picture, it'll get bigger! But it's flurrying! :) Just like I said it would! Oh, I hope we get tons and tons and tons and goes to Holly's house... and Tubey's and the D'Azuls' and over to Ivy's ... and I hope everypuppy who wants snow gets some this time!!!

10 comments:

  1. oooooh so envious you may be getting snow! We usually have snow by now, but the planet is getting warmer, we have had awful, awful wild storms, with high winds, hail and rain storms. Not even any snow on our hills!

    Hogmany is going to be a wash out it seems, so many parties spoiled!

    Never mind, send us a snowflake!

    love and licks Marvin xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marvin: We have FLURRIES! :) That's a start! :) Oooh, I hope it comes to your house, too!
    Love,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm ... maybe we will come visit with you for a play date in the summer. That snow stuff is WAY too cold for us!

    Roxie, Sammy & Andy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Amber, You look so pretty with snowflakes on your fur. It feel like spring here.
    -Magnum

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay you are finally getting your snow!! I am happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh A04, you are getting some snow! Stop over to my blog and see what I GOT!!!

    HEHD Hollybollysnowbunnyboo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year guy, lets hope that 2007 is a great year for all doggies and humans too :-)

    Love
    Opy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Amber,
    How do you tell your mom that snow's on the way? Do you tilt your head a certain way like in the photo?

    That's great you're finally getting some snow!! I bet you're excited :)

    I hope you, Zim, Dave, Stormy, Mom and Dad have a Happy New Year!!!

    T-man

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey AO4, we got some snow too, just a dusting, a taste, a tease of snow but that was a start. Yippee. Happy New Year AO4.

    D'Azul Siberians

    ReplyDelete