Who We Are

Sunday, April 03, 2011

Serene Scenery Sunday: Saturday Re-Cap!

Woo, everybody!  It's me - Dave.  Yesterday, I told you about our big plans for the day and about our new quilt.  Since it was all so very serene, I thought I'd post a re-cap of the day's events today!  I was REALLY helpful to Mom all day long, so I've got lots of this on film.  Are you ready?

OK!  The quilt first!  It's just a nice, poofy "throw" for us guys!  It's got flannel on one side, with cool scenes of sled dogs and polar bears and arctic foxes and stuff.

IMG_1734 Dave
Me.  Dave.  On our new quilt.

It's so comfy! I just love it! It sets off my blue eyes real nice, too, doesn't it? Oh... but it is for both of us.  Here was Zim's first reaction to it:

IMG_1740 Zim
"Oh, yeah!  I totally dig this!"

The other side is a really cool wolf print:

IMG_1730 Dave
The flip side!

I like that side, too! It's not flannel, it's a polished cotton. Umm... you know. In case you were wondering.

Anyway, the day started with breakfast and a nice, long walk with Mom:

IMG_1759 Dave and Zim
"Almost home, Zim!"


Dad is in a golf tournament this weekend, or he would have joined us! Go, Dad, go!

When we got home, we did zoomies and got treats, then did some of this:

IMG_1760 Dave
"Dibs on the new quilt!"

Before I knew it, Dad was home and it was time for lunch. After that, Dad said since it was so nice, how about we all go for a walk together!? It was great. Mom forgot her camera, but we had a great time and walked a really, really long time!  Zim and I got big drinks when we got home, then we headed downstairs. Zim hopped in the bathtub for a snooze (don't ask...) and I went to work in the Studio.

IMG_1765 Dave
Guide Dog for the Color Blind, hard at work!

Mom was going to use sort of a medium blue for the binding on that big quilt. Seriously!  Did she think I was sleeping?!?!? I got up and told her that was NOT the right choice!  I chose the navy with red and tan stars (it's the border for the block third from the right in the bottom row -- can you see it?).  Much better.  (I've had a lot of input into this quilt from the very beginning!)  (Oh... and yes, it's taken Mom a while...)

I let her get that put together, then we all went upstairs.

IMG_1770 Dave
"What are we going to do now, Mom?"

Oh. See my Eukanuba bandana? It was in the Studio. I asked if I could put it on and Mom let me. Woo.

Mom said it was time to make dinner, so I did some snoozing. After that, it was time to watch the basketball tournament!

IMG_1772 Dave
"You're on the furniture?  Are you sure you're comfy up there?!?"

Sadly, we're not allowed on the living room furniture.

Since Mom didn't cave and come sit on the floor with me, I decided maybe a little serenade was in order.

IMG_1778 Dave
"Wooooo!!!"

Zim joined me for a while, too. It was really beautiful! Mom must have really liked it, because before I knew it, we were doing this:

CollageDaveSnuggleApr11
"How about 'deli'?  Did you do that one yet?"

I multi-tasked:  snuggled and helped Mom with her word game.  I mean, Siberian Huskies are working breed pups!

Isn't that the best way to spend the day?!?  I hope today is just as serene for all of you!

Luv,
Dave

16 comments:

  1. A great post=we loved all the wonderful photos and the story of your fun day!...We hope you all enjoy a happy week ahead, lovely friends...big smoochies...Calle, Halle, Sukki

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had quite the Sadieday Dave! Thanks for telling us all about it! We so enjoyed it very much. I think the flip side of that quilt looks like lots of me!

    Woos,
    Sadie

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love your new quilt! It's just the perfect fabric!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those quilts are amazing! What lucky dogs you are. Hey, listen, I just want to tell you that you are totally one of my most favorite blogs to visit. For sure. But with momma cutting back on my internet time, I won't be around as much. I will make her let me read your posts, but we might not comment. Just wanted to make sure you knew that I think you guys ROCK!

    Slobbers,
    mango

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if I'd call that serene, Davy, it looked pretty busy to me!

    Huffs

    p.s. I hope your dad did good in the golf tournament.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved being a part of your day. So much fun. The quilt is beautiful!! I love the collage of you with Dave in the floor. :) Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo, Dave, what a full day. We are tired just reading of all of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a very active weekend!
    Your quilt is pawesome!
    Happy Serene Sunday to all of you!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous quilt! I hopped over here from Honey's blog, and I'm glad I did! I should ask my mom to make me a quilt like that! I would do it myself, but I have no thumbs, you see. I also have blue eyes, so a quilt like that would be perfect for me!

    ~Treasure the Dachshund

    ReplyDelete
  10. love all the new quilts!
    Sounds like a very full Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your new quilt!! Mom actually has a blanket made out of the wolf print that her and dad got for their wedding from dad's sister. It's very cool!

    Mom said she loves the pic of you looking up at your mom! She said she really wants to kiss on your cute snooter! I'm glad your mom finally gave in and snuggled on the floor with you! Nothing beats some good snuggling!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh man, cool quilt. You guys had a nice day
    Snuggles,
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh man, cool quilt. You guys had a nice day
    Snuggles,
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a great way to spend the day! your mom is so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice quilts! That was cool that you got mom to snuggle with you on the floor.

    Mocha Barney, Ashley Pumpernickel and Winniechurchill

    ReplyDelete