Who We Are

Thursday, February 23, 2012

It Moved!

Ha roo, pups and cool cats, it's me - Zim!  Remember a while ago I showed you the cool snake I saw all curled up by this one street we go down sometimes?  Dave and I got Mom to take us down there again the other day, and ... well, check this out!

IMG_6691 Zim
Dave's shadow and me, looking for the sneaky-snake

It was GONE!

I looked all around, then finally saw what I thought was it over across the street:

IMG_6692 Zim
"It looks like it ... but I just can't be sure!"

I told Mom I needed to get closer, so I could make sure it was the same snake. She gave some long, involved response involving the words "mud" and "no way" ... so it just didn't pan out. She promised to bring me back after the mud had cleared.

Good to her word, Mom brought Dave and me back a couple days later. I looked for the sneaky-snake in the dirt, where the mud had been... but it had moved AGAIN! I spotted it over on some concrete and went over to check it out!

IMG_6542 Zim
"It had been over there ... then in the mud ... now it's over here!  I wonder ..."

I had to check it out and make sure it was the same one!  (You just never know with these sneaky-snakes!)

IMG_6540 Zim
Sniff, sniff...

It was the same one, alright! And sure, it played possum when Dave and I showed up, but clearly this thing is on the move!

IMG_6694 Dave and Zim
"Hey, Zim!  You don't think that sneaky-snake will follow us home, do you?"
"I'm not sure, Dave.  We'll have to stay extra alert!"

Stay alert, my friends!  There's no telling where this thing will show up next!

Play bows,
Zim

20 comments:

  1. Better not show up over here - mom is afraid of snakes!! Keep your eyes open boys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMD... It is COILED and ready to Strike OUT.. I just hope it doesn't end up in your yard!!! Keep us posted.. this is really SCARY!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sick Sick Sick. We hate snakes at our house. WATCH OUT FOR THOSE SNAKES.

    Did you take a long way home so it couldn't find you?

    xoxo,

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's one BIG snake!!! Watch out and don't let it know where you live...
    You are SO brave to check it out. We are sure Mom wouldn't let us get that close.
    Wags
    Ernie, and pack

    ReplyDelete
  5. That must be a "sneaky snake"....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zim, it's a good thing that sneaky snake is always asleep when you, Dave, and your mom are there! be careful!

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woozers, what in the world is going on??? Well we know we can count on woo pups to keep us pupdated as to its whereabouts. Darned sneaky snake!

    jack & moo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe they are multiplying! Yikes! Keep an eye out or better yet two.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMD! That's a pretty huge sneaky snakey! We sure hope that it does NOT follow you guys home.

    Make sure there only one of them there.

    Love,
    Piappies Fudgie, Princess, Frappie, Mocha, Sugar, Wai-Pai, Wai-Max & Forgie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaaaaaaaack! We hate hate HATE those slithery things at my house. They send Momma into palpitations. You'd better watch out for that thing, it's HUGE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You better be careful. Sneaky-snakes are not to be trusted.

    Huffs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! Love reading your blog, and just wanted to let you know I've given you the Versatile Blogger Award! Check out my February 23rd blog for more details!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would just die if I thought that snake had plans to come to my house, guys. Keep an eye on him!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maybe you'll convince your mom, you have to walk more often, so you can keep an eye on it.

    The silvers and more

    ReplyDelete
  15. The sneaky snake's mom made it get out of the mud too?

    ReplyDelete
  16. You 2 make shure that thing stayz in Manhattan - don't need that sneaky snake here in Topeka - mom don't like'em an'she duzn't want us around'em.
    Shiloh'n Shasta

    ReplyDelete
  17. yikes, run for the hills
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is one giant sneaky snake! I saw one just like it behind our barn!

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  19. Careful there guys!!

    Cheers,
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. THis is really worrisome. I wonder if it is a water snake from the Kansas Ocean? You need to check on that thing daily and make sure it doesn't start to approach your estate.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete