Who We Are

Thursday, February 02, 2012

Report From the Studio

Hi everypup and everycat.  It's me, Dave, Guide Dog for the Color Blind (GDFTCB).  I'm coming at you from the Studio today.  I've been busy helping my mom with all kinds of stuff lately.  THEN, even though we're in the middle of some quilts, Mom said she wanted to stop and do something special for someone and that she needed my help!  This person's colors are in an area she can't distinguish very well, so this is my chance to shine! I jumped at the opportunity to lend my GDFTCB services!

IMG_6471 Dave
"Let's get to it, Mom!"

She told me who it was for and opened the doors to Mom's House of Fabrics our closet; I got my snooter busy picking things for her. I like who this is going to a LOT, so I wanted to choose extra special careful!  Mom did that "SQUEEEE" thing when I was done, so I think that means she's happy with my choices. Here's what I've got:

IMG_6421 Dave

She let me hold them for a while, then wanted to get right to work cutting and sewing and stuff.

I can't tell you any more about this - not until it's done and in the hands of our friend!  It's a big secret and she might see the blog - so I can't write any more about it.  YET!

While Mom gets to it ...

IMG_6416 Dave
"Zzz... Batiks!  Amy Butler prints!  Oooh... Kaffe Fasset...!  Zzz...."

I'll be doing some creative research!

Luv,
Dave, GDFTCB

17 comments:

  1. You do great work....what would your mom do without you??? We love those colors....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooo, fine job there huskerboo!

    RA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work Dave! Can't wait to see the finished product!

    xoxo,

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good choices there Dave. What would your mom do without you. I can't wait to see what she is up to now.

    Cindy & Nina

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a HARD worker Dave. I think you deserve a NAP after pickin those colors and stuffs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the heart quilt! Can't wait to see how it turns out! Love your other blog site too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dave, you and your mom are a great team. You certainly are a great help!
    Nina, Myshka, Sasha, Betsy, Lucy, Phoebe and Lily

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm surprised you guys are so able to keep secrets over there at the HQ. Must huskies are BIG talkers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a great job picking out beautiful fabrics Dave! There's no way your mom could have picked those out all by herself! Your friend is going to love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dave, you have a great nose for colors and fabrics! We can't wait to see the finished quilt either! In the mean time, if you need any help on your research, let us know: we're good at that sort of thing ;-/

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great job you did Dave. Maybe you can go shopping with my MOM she has a real hard time knowing what goes together. Looking forward to see the finish product.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice work Dave, what beautiful colors, we look forward to seeing it finished.

    The silvers and more

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice work there Dave!
    Where's Zim by the way?

    Cant wait to see the result!

    Cheers,
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good job Dave! You have quite a knack for picking out fabrics! Can't wait to see the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Did I see Prince Albert in a can in the library? If so, you better let him out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this is exciting! I can't wait to see how it turns out!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like you had a busy day helping pick out fabrics.

    ReplyDelete