Who We Are

Saturday, July 05, 2014

Don't Be Radicchio!

Hello, everyone!  It's me, Cammie.  As you know, Maggie and I are members of the Working Group, breed-wise.  We have jobs around Ao4 Headquarters and take our work very seriously!  One of our daily tasks is KP duty.  We usually tackle that one together, especially when it comes to making the salad.

The other night, Mom was trying a new blend of different greens.  She had something I'd never seen before, so I thought I should take a closer look.

IMG_7930CamTreat
"What is it, Mom?"
"It's radicchio, Cam."

Being a strong believer in tasting as you prepare food, I offered my services.

IMG_7931MagCamTreat
"Just a little taste ..."
"That's radicchio!?  How is it?"

IMG_7932MagCamTreat
"Mmm... yummy!"
"Really?  It looks kinda funny..."

Since I got to try something, Mom asked Maggie if she'd like to try something, too.

IMG_7929MagsTreat
"Want to try something, Mags?"
"Don't be radicchio!  Of course I do!"

Ha roo!  "Don't be radicchio!"  And it wasn't!  Radicchio or ridiculous.  Maggie sampled some ... I have no idea.  I could swear she tried to snarf something that looked just like that off the lawn the other day and was told, "NOMAGGIENO", but who am I to say?  The whole thing is just a bit ... radicchio!

Cammie!

14 comments:

  1. RADICCHIO..... that is sooooooo funny... you cracked us up.

    We love Salad... esp. when we find it in our YARD...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Oh that is a good one. Always a good idea to start the day with a laugh. Thank you.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watch it! Too much of that purpley radicchio stuff might turn yu purpley too!
    Woodn't yu rather be eatin MEATZ™?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, that's just RADICCHIO!!!
    hahaha!!!

    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of our dad's favorite - along with arugala

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, So glad you two are open to trying new greens-I bet they are really good for your health too. Hope you had a quiet 4th of July and have a great weekend.
    Wags,
    Noreen & Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  7. You girls are too funny! We got to try radicchio for the first time just a couple of days ago. It was yummy!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:44 AM

    Radicchio? Sounds like the name of a spicy Italian dance or something. Did you start dancing after you ate it?

    ♥ Behr Behr :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I luffs greens from the garden. I've never had it preprepared for me though, BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:34 AM

    I never had such a red salad ... Is it tasty? Or has it the same effect like the "salad" I found on the meadow?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Walter likes the green stuff but Millie just spits it out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bol! oh, you two are funny! I love helping my mom in the kitchen. was your mom fixing a salad with carrots? If you need any help taste testing those, I'm your pup! really. as a matter of fact, I'm on my way...you know...just in case...

    woofs,
    ~Wriggley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness we got belly laughs from Mama when we told her this one...you gals are hilarious!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  14. You pups are too funny (and good kitchen helping taste testers too) - thanks for the giggles.

    ReplyDelete