Who We Are

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Relaxing After A Walk

Greetings to all!  It's me,  Maggie.  Here at Ao4 Headquarters, like for many of you, we are in the midst of something called "Summer".  That means that today, for instance, our heat index is expected to reach 111℉ (43.9℃).  Cammie and I took our big walk before 0700 and now it's time to relax.

This is how I like to relax after a walk:

IMG_8298MagsYard
"Here I come!  Here I come!  Here I come!"

That's right - a nice round of Kong-on-a-Rope!  These photos are actually from a couple of days ago - but you get the idea!

IMG_8299MagsYard
"I've got it!" 

Mom gives it a good throw - and I bring it back.  Over and over and over again!  It's GREAT fun!  And the backyard is fairly shady in the early morning, so it's not too hot.

IMG_8301MagsYard
"Whee!!!"

My Kong-on-a-Rope is special, because it belonged to our great-brother Davy.  I didn't get to meet him, but Cammie just adored him and has told me lots about him - and told me he was a very special Siberian who loved to play Fetch!

IMG_8302MagsYard

I love to play Fetch, too, though sometimes I play the Siberian version --- you know, where Mom throws a toy and I run off with it!  That's a ton of fun, too!  But there's something about this Kong-on-a-Rope that makes me want to chase after it and bring it right back!

IMG_8312MagsYard
"Here I come, Mom!"

Sometimes, I like playing a little Tuggy-Tug with it, too.

IMG_8325MagsYard
"Tug, tug, tug!!!"

That's not as much fun as powering through the yard with the Kong-on-a-Rope, though!

IMG_8316MagsYard
"Got it, got it, GOT IT!!!"

What a great way to relax after a walk!

Now... one last throw, then I think it's time to head in to get some water and do zoomies with Cam in the air-conditioning.

IMG_8329MagsYard
"CHANGE UP:  Siberian Fetch!  Chase me, Mom!  Chase me!"

How do you relax after you've put in a couple miles of walking?

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

18 comments:

  1. You guys are going to be as hot there as it is here! Yikes!

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! Too hot at yur place!
    Go in an cool off MissMaggie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so hot here that after a walk, I take a drink of water and plop down on the cool tile floor to relax. After a good nap, I am ready for some indoor fetch and chase-around-the-table!
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  4. me, I like to plop meself on the AC vent, ahhh. Axel on the other hand, has energy to burn, just like you Mags he likes a wee game of fetch in he backyard
    your pal, Scout

    ReplyDelete
  5. You better get all that energy out now before the heat wave hits.
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so fun! My aunt Kaitlin had a toy like that when Momma was younger, and Momma said she threw it furever and ever and ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a shame that you didn't get to know Davy (in the gravy) beclaws he was SUPER GRRRREAT.
    THAT is a fun way to relax in the shady yard after your walk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your yard is so beautiful, we mentioned you today in our post.
    It is very hot here also.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  9. ummmm - we think you need to check with Webster cause your definition of "relax" doesn't sound quite right to us MOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love a good game of tug. Boy that is hot where you are. We are nearly in the 30's and melting. We go for a walk and then sit by the cafe for a while and then a little walk. That is all we can do but it is nice meeting and greeting in the shade. Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mags, sometimes, just to mix it up a bit, you need to let your mum throw the kong, then just sit there and look at it so she has to go pick it up. Mums should get to play fetch too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. mol! you are a lot of fun, Maggie! oh, Wriggley is so excited seeing you play fetch! he says you will be a good Lab just like Dave was ;-/

    hmmm...you know, we skip the whole walking a couple of miles bit and just relax :D stay cool!

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maggie, you sure don't relax like us kitties do! Davy would be very proud of your Kong-on-a-Rope skills! We hope you stayed cool today. Mommy's cousin who lives near K-State showed a screen shot on FB of her phone weather app at 5pm there and it was 107 with 125 heat index. That's hot as you know what! It's 75 here and feels like 75. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That heat is disgusting. I was crying because it was 88 here today.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Maggie, you have so much energy. I do hope you are staying cool. Record cool temps last week and now super hot....cant say I miss that ugly heat!
    Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a treat that you get to play with angel Dave's toy, Maggie. It looks like you and your mom are having a great time together!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous5:49 AM

    Uggh. Mom and I both hate the hot weather, and it's ruining our walkies. I want winter back!!!!!!
    It's usually too hot for us by about 7 a.m. My mom's not real good at getting up for walkies in the dark, either :(
    Usually I come in and plop down by the A/C vent until I stop panting. Then I'm ready to play fetch indoors.
    How do you play outside with your coat on like that????
    ♥ Behr Behr

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Maggie, Arty wishes you could come here and play fetch with him!! It stays cool all day and STILL all Dory and Jakey want to do is sleep!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Arty, Jakey & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete