Who We Are

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Haik-Roo #2

Greetings to all, it's me, Maggie.  Some of you may remember that a while back, Zim and Cammie wrote a Haik-roo* about ME!  (You can click here to see it!) I must confess, that lovely bit of verse did reveal one of my nicknames - The Peep. So, anyway ... when my Dad went to the store a week or so ago and brought back a certain treat, we had to get a shot!

IMG_8043MaggiePeep
"If I eat these, would I be a cannibal?  Ha roo roo roo!"

Anyway, remembering their Haik-roo #1 about me - the Peep - got me to thinking.  Cam and I should follow in her and Zimmie's footsteps and continue the tradition of writing Haik-roo.  Great idea, don't you think?

Yesterday, Mom wanted a picture of us supporting the KSU Wildcats for the College of Veterinary Medicine's FaceBook page.  While we were working on it, I ran my idea past Cam - and she was up for it.  I figured there was no time like then to get creative!  I took the first and last lines, Cam had the middle -- here you go!

IMG_8430Haik-roo2

Pretty good, huh? And look at how cooperative we were! And then ...

Things got a bit more interesting.

IMG_8435MagCam
"Hey ... cool hat!  Oops.  It fell."
"Maggie!  No!  Don't do it!"

Mom moved the hat back up onto the top step, then mistook my interest in the hat for the desire to have it touch me.  Not gonna happen.

IMG_8439MagCam
"I'm outta here."
"Maggie, no!  Come on, Peep!  Don't leave me!  Mom... Mom, no!!!  I ... uh ..."

Hey.  Mom was out of treats.  Session over!

IMG_8443CamKSUhat
"Seriously?"

For some of us.

I hope you enjoyed the second Haik-roo, the first one Cam and I wrote together!

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

*A Haik-roo is like traditional Japanese haiku (three lines of non-rhyming verse, 17 total syllables: 5 in the first line, 7 in the second, and 5 in the last), only the last two syllables are "ha roo".

10 comments:

  1. we love that photo of you in the cap - purple is your color :) Great poem too

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY you are a POET... we didn't KNOW it !! BaaaWaaaah... just kiddin...

    That is a super one...

    We love PEEPS... BOTH KINDS... our mom and dad kind... and the Marshmallowy type...
    We have NEVER heard of SOUR ones... BUTT we DID see Bubble Gum flavored ones the other day..
    there seems to be something WRONG about SOUR Peeps... Either KIND... We want them SWEET and Soft and... Wonderful. Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was really good.
    A Maggie and Cammie verse
    We are proud Ha Roo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No matter whut yu grrls are doin in yur photo shoots, yu always look good doin it.
    Fun Haik-Roo!
    Wunner how those sour watermelon Peeps wuz? I sure the real deal kind o' sandia (that's Spanish fur watermelon!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Treats made after you! You are being very cooperative indeed
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  6. We know both Zimmie and Davy would love your haik-roo! Cammie, we think you look adorable in the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the haik-roo!!! You two are SO cute and so cooperative. Love the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was one heck of a a=haiku Maggie, we know Zimmie would be so very proud!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love your Haik-roo, Cammie and Maggie and we love your mom's quilted wall hangings. They're just beautiful ☺

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a fangtastic Haik-roo, Maggie! I'm so impressed with you both. And Camo... um... you look very pretty in the hat. Really.

    Okay, in your honor:
    Two pretty grrls pose
    Until Mom runs out of treats.
    Time to go! Ha roo!

    ReplyDelete