Who We Are

Friday, July 25, 2014

Photo Finish Friday

Greetings to all, it's me - Maggie!  For Photo Finish Friday, I have a handful of pix Mom snapped of me throughout the week that give you a good idea of how I spend my mornings.  Ready to take a look?

Here I am, out on a walk, ready to head down the Hudson Trail:

IMG_1263MagsLimestone
"C'mon, Cam!  Jump up here with me!"

Cam usually chooses not to jump up there with me.  Something about the possibility of someone jumping her.  I have no idea what that's all about.  Anyway, great walks lately and we're usually home by no later than 0730 so we can beat the heat.

After our walk and breakfast, we usually go out back with Mom to help her in the tomato garden.  I like to check the daily harvest.

IMG_8756MagsTomatoesRosemary
"Nice-looking tomatoes ... and mmmm, what's this?  It smells nice!"

It was something called "Rosemary".  I liked it!

After that, as I showed you the other day, it's time to relax!  Mom and I like to change up what we play with.  Here I am with my gigantic Jolly Ball:

IMG_8778MagBall
"Got it!  Got it!"

It's pretty fun.  After that, we go inside for a cool down.  After a beverage and a bit of laying on the cool tile floor, I like to relax in the living room.

IMG_8552MagBeds
"Me?  No.  I have no idea what happened to those beds."

Speaking of beds, I like to help Mom make the big bed, then get a little cuddle time in afterwards:

IMG_8769MagsMe
"Hey.  I can see birdies out the window!"
"
My little Peep!!!"

Well, there's nothing that says I can't bird watch and snuggle at the same time - right?  Besides, Mom loves birdies.

After that, it's time to get vacuuming:

IMG_8358MagsVac
"Misssed a spot, Mom."

I love to help with the vacuuming! I also love to be vacuumed. It's very relaxing.

By the time we've done all of that, lunchtime is right around the corner.

IMG_8836Mags
"Don't we need to cut up a watermelon or a cantaloupe or something?"

I love being on KP.  Cam does, too, especially if melons, pears, or apples are involved.

While Mom and Dad eat, it's important to not run around and be disruptive.  We also are considerate and do not bother them while they eat.

IMG_8819MagUnderTable
"Hello."

Snuggling up to Dad's feety-feet fits the bill!  Besides ... you just never know what he's going to drop!

That's basically what I do in the mornings!  How about you all?  How do you spend your Summer mornings?

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

12 comments:

  1. FURST we really liked your harness with the flag on it, Second, we really love your beautiful yard, and third, that is so nice of you to help yours momma vacuum. Usually that will get you an extra piece of watermelon.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great morning routine. I also have one. Get up, go outside, come in get breakfast, listen to MOM's devotion. Go for a short walk, nap while MOM showers, watch her blow dry her hair and then I get blow dried, then jump in the Blazer to head to Bert's place. That's pretty much how it goes. Butt I am going to tell you something that happened just yesterday. Our routine got a bit messed up. All was going well. Then we got in the Blazer MOM pulled up the drive way and she got out to open the gate and then I heard her say, "Do you think it would be a good idea to put a shirt on?" hahhahha. My silly MOM forgot to put her shirt on. Bawhahhahhahhahahhahha. She either needs more sleep or our 100 degree plus weather has fried her brain. hehhehehe
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is indeed a busy day = phew we are tired from just reading about it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great morning schedule there. Mine is sleep as long as I can then eat my dental chew and have a nap. Then it is breakfast and a nap. Then off hunting and a lark in my park. That is my morning sewed up until lunchtime. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly
    PS we certainly don't do the vacula which we hate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love your beawoooooooootiful pictures from this week! And do you bark at the vacuum? We do and it exhausts us so much that we need an extra nap!

    Have a great weekend!

    Kiki and Nala

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzer, that's one big Jolly Ball! I gots a couple but they are much smaller.
    Gotta say, yur back o' the neck hairs are So purdy! Yu peekin in that bag with the maters an rosemary, such a purdy neck!
    Duz yur Mom run That vacuum over yu?
    :-0

    ReplyDelete
  7. you sure get up to a lot in the mornings, Maggie! hmmm...after we harass our mom for breakfast and then see her off to work, we start right in on our morning nappies. Enjoy your weekend!

    Pip, SMidgen, Minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like the tomato experiment was a big success - Mom is drooling for a taste of a good home-grown tomato like those.

    Great pics too, Maggie, but we think we will pass on the vacuuming - OK to do the carpets, but stay away from our furs.

    Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you really like to be vacuumed? We need video : ) Our cat runs away from any room when the vacuum comes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That huge jolly ball looks like it's tons of fun, Maggie!
    We're finally picking tomatoes out of our garden too! yay!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Harlow has horse feeding duties. We will try to put together a blog post on that! :)

    PeeEss - Harlow says "Fruit? Run! Run!"

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you have busy mornings! Furst thing in the mornings on the weekend, we get up and go for our morning walk as usual, then all three have medicine and breakfast. Then Momma leaves us in charge of the house so she can go run 87 miles or something. It's is EXHAUSTING guarding the house while she's gone, I'm telling you. She just doesn't understand how sneaky some of our neighbors are! By the time she gets back, we're all happy to lie down together for a nap or snuggle before lunch.

    ReplyDelete