Who We Are

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Serene Scenery Sunday

Greetings to all, it's me, Maggie!  It seems like we've shared a lot of serene scenery already this week, between our walks and all the shots out in the backyard.  I thought we could look around out front!

Mom brought the camera out so we could take shots of various plants of interest.  Here I am by the Purple Love Grass beside the driveway:

IMG_3020MagsPurpleLoveGrass
Me and the Purple Love Grass

There's a chance Mom was trying to focus on the grass and I jumped in front of it. In fact, there's a pretty good chance that's what happened. I kept doing that, so Mom decided just to get shots of me blocking different things. ... or something like that.

There are some different colored Mums in back of me in this shot:

IMG_3022MagsMums
Me and my mum's Mums

And there is some Liriope behind me here:

IMG_3024MagsLiriope
Me and the Liriope

I did not block Mom's shot of the Clematis:

IMG_3025Clematis
I am not in this picture of Clematis flowers

Do you know why not? Because I saw this:

IMG_3026Franklin'sGull
Franklin's Gull

That's right - a sea gull. There are a bunch of them up there swooping around!  They come fly over our house every year at this time of year, according to Mom.  We're less than a mile from the Kansas Ocean, so they must be on their way there - don't you think?

We also went out on the deck to pick some herbs for Mom to use when she cooks today.

IMG_3035MagsHerbs
"They're back there, behind me."

Can you smell them?  I like to just give them gentle sniffies.  I'm getting good at doing that instead of trying to eat them.

Anyway, I hope you feel nice and serene now!  Have a lovely Sunday!

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

8 comments:

  1. Well since that was a good SIGHTING of the gull... we will furgive your mom fur not having you in the Clam Ate Us picture.. We love the bright blue flowers though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots! Of course we LIKE it when you photo bomb it!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  3. BeeYOUtiful pictures, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are wonderful photos today

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty portraits of you Miss Maggie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are feeling ever so serene MAggie!! We just love the picture of you in front of your Mum's mums!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a lovely serene weekend. Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look very happy checking out the herbs and thinking about helping your mom cook, Maggie! We hope you get to taste some too!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete