Who We Are

Saturday, September 13, 2014

When The Fog Clears

Hello, everyone, it's me, Cammie!  We had a really interesting walk with Mom this morning and I thought I should tell you all about it!  Mom took photos along the way with her iPhone - so let me walk you through it, OK?  Ready to go?

It started out like any other morning.  Actually, not really.  This was the view out back:

IMG_0275Fog

Fog! It cast a bit of mystery to the day; we knew it wouldn't be just an "ordinary" walk!

As we progressed, though, the fog started to clear.

IMG_0277CamMag
"Look!  To quote the Beatles, 'Here comes the sun!'"
"Yum!  Beetles!  Right up there with cicadas!  Oh.  Oh, the BEATLES.  Right.  Gotcha."

What can I say?

Anyway, we were walking so nicely that by the time we got to the Hudson Trail, Mom said we could take the long route!

IMG_0280CamMagsHudsonTrail
"I love going this way!"
"Me, too!  Something cool always happens!!!"

We walked and walked - and took some turns Mags and I had never taken!  It was very exciting!

We saw a large building and Mom let us go over to do some exploring.  I noticed a sign and went over to check it out.

IMG_0281Mags
"Hello?!?  I'd like to order a dolphin to go, please.  And extra horseradish sauce."

I was fairly certain it was a fast-food restaurant; I hoped my order wouldn't take too long.

IMG_0286CamMags
"I don't see anyone else in line, Peeps.  This shouldn't take long at all."
"Too bad they don't have tunas; I'd get an extra one to send my mentor, Mr. Teddy Westlife.  He loves tunas!"

Mom suggested we walk on down a little bit.  She must have heard them call our order number - because look at what was there!!!

IMG_0288MagsCamDolphin
"WOWZERS!  That was fast!"
"Look at the tail on that thing!"

It pays to go when they aren't real busy.  They brought our order out so fast, I didn't even see them!

Maggie went over to check it out:

IMG_0290MagsCamDolphin
"Nice and fresh!  It still has water drops on it!"  
"They must have caught it in the Kansas Ocean!"

Nothing like locally-caught fish!  Pretty good service at this place, though they forgot my horseradish sauce.

I'd say that when the fog cleared, we certainly found something interesting!

I hope you're all enjoying the weekend!

Cammie!

11 comments:

  1. OMD you have DOLPHINS in the Kansas Ocean? WE did not know this.

    PeeS... Does that Sign say FRANKIE????

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMD that would make for a big 'fishy on a little dishy when the boat comes in' (old Northern song here). Have a super Saturday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh bow-wow that was one really mysterious walk in the mist and then once it cleared there you both are with a DOLPHIN that is just pawsome, I bet that was really tasty, even though they forgot the sauce! BOL! Love and Licks from your furiend Frank XxxxxxxxX

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should have picked up your dolphin! We have NEVER seen fog!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley
    Check out: "On the Road To The Great Debate" starting Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cooler temps are pawesome, aren't they? We had some good walks these past two days too. But we didn't see any dolphins:)

    Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  6. We saw the movie "Dolphin Tale" yesterday. This is starting to look familiar!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha - very cute!

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  8. You girls are way too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh!!! That is so cool MAggie...ours never get out of the water here!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, how exciting! A good seafood restaurant is hard to find.

    ReplyDelete