Who We Are

Monday, June 06, 2016

About Yesterday's Walk

Greetings to all!  It's me, Mags!  As promised yesterday, Cam and I wanted to fill you in on the really cool walk we took Mom on.  Ready to get walking?  Grab a drink of water and come on along!

We walked down our hills to the big road, then kept going up, up, and up.  It was great.  We finally turned in and went all the way to a street we've only been to a few other times.  Here we are:

IMG_0896MagsCamSnowyReach
"Wowzers, Cam!  Check it out!"
"Oh, how WONDERFUL!"

Can you see the name of the road?  Let's get a bit closer - and maybe take a quick pose-break.

IMG_0898MagsCamSnowyReach
Me and Cam - in front of Snowy Reach!

Snowy Reach!  Is that a great name for a road or what?!?!  We looked down the road as we crossed it, and sadly, there was no snow.

IMG_0901MagsCamWalk
"What a cruel hoax!"
"I'll say!"

Anyway, as you can see, the roads are nice and wide!  There are no sidewalks, but not much traffic, so you have plenty of room to move over to the other side - like if some cranky woman with a couple of dogs is barreling right toward you.

IMG_0907CamMagsWalk
"I wonder why Mom didn't take a picture of Miss Crank-enstein?"
"Seriously cranky!!!"

Anyway, no pictures of that woman ... you know, what with her being cranky and all.  But as I said, there was plenty of room for us to avoid her.

Eventually, we came to a sidewalk - I think it's a school zone or something there.  Anyway - look!  I lost my head!

IMG_0904MagsCamWalk
"Hey, Cam!  I lost my head!"
"Oh, no, Maggie!"
IMG_0905MagsCamWalk
"Ha roo roo roo!  Just kidding!"
"I really didn't want to have to go back and look for it!"

Did I mention we had walked pretty far by that time?  And it seemed like the whole thing was up hill?  It was.  Anyway, we went up another hill, then were back at the main road.  Instead of heading down the hill then heading home, Mom wanted to go UP the hill.  Why?  That's what I had to wonder.  My first thought was that she had lost her mind.  Pretty sure that's what Cam was thinking, too.

IMG_0908MagsCamHill
"I just don't get her sometimes ..."
"Mags, I think she's lost it!  Or maybe she's just lost ..."

Mom said she wanted to cross the street because the grass on our side of the big road was WAY too long and "a certain someone kept trying to eat it".  Hey.  Has she never heard the expression "I am a Siberian Husky and the world is my salad bar"?!?  I think my great-sister Stormy came up with that one.  But I digress -- the only real place to cross the street before the tall grass was up at the light - so that's what we did.

IMG_0909MagsCamWalk
"Hey, Mom. The grass is mighty tall over on this side, too!"
"I thought the grass was supposed to be greener.  Or something like that."

But hey, at least we were finally walking down hill.  For a while, anyway.

IMG_0910MagsCamHill
"Hey, look!  Jim's got his boat out!"
"You know his wife calls this 'Heart Attack Hill', right?"

Yeah.  So we struggled up that last hill to home.  When we arrived back at Ao4 Headquarters ...

IMG_0911CamMagsPlay
"BOOM!"
"BOOM!"

Yep!  Nothing like a round of Crazed River Otter Games to cap off a long walk!

I hope you had as much fun as Cam and I did!  Thanks for coming with us!  Now, c'mon!  Drinks are on me!

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

17 comments:

  1. WHEW I'M EXHAUSTED JUST READING ABOUT THAT LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG WALK. MOL YOU LOST YOUR HEAD THAT WAS FUNNY.
    IS MS. CRANK-ENSTIEN KIN TO MRS.KRAVITZ? I DON'T THINK I'D LIKE THEM VERY MUCH. BEING CRANKY TAKES TOO MUCH ENERGY
    HUGS MADI YOUR BFFF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad you didn't find any snow - wouldn't that be so cool with the heat that has arrived?

    Ciara loves to munch on grass when we walk too, but she gets the leave it command from Mom. Mom says she has no idea what could be on that grass:(

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y'all were totally cheated. No snow! Just mean, that's what that was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice long walk and a beautiful one! Bummer that there was no snow. That would be pretty fun in June, wouldn't it☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful neighborhood you have to walk in! Mags, sometimes mom says that I "bark my head off." Is that what I look like??

    -Otto

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOLY GWALK A MOLEY... THAT was One LONG and Eventful walk... Furst You lost your Head... then your MOM lost her Mind... We Know that you got your head back... butt are just wondering about your mom's mental state. BaaaaaaWaaaah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey F&E - the jury's still out on that one. Ha roo roo roo!!!!!
      Y/s,
      Mags

      Delete
  7. OMD...Where do you girls get all that energy!! What a great walk...all those hills made US tired!!
    Smileys!
    Dory & Arty

    PeeEss...Look for our wave to you tomorrow, we'll be driving by and staying south of you gals in Kansas!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was one hilly walk! Our mommy would've needed lots of breaks - she's a wuss when it comes to hills. Bummer there was no snow up there either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like to come walking with you girls one day! ~ Rambo

    ReplyDelete
  10. hmmm...Maggie, there seems to be a trend in your town. first there is Little Kitten Creek that has no kittens, then this Snowy Reach street that doesn't have snow...hmmmm...what's next we wonder? still, it looks like you and Cammie had a pawsome walkie. good thing you both saved some energy for some CROGs after :D

    pip, smidgen, minnie, hollie, sharpie, ditto

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maggie, You and Cam are so strong and athletic to go up and down those hills. I know why your mom lets you lead-it is so you can pull her uphill. I love that street name.
    Hope you have a great Tuesday!
    Wags,
    Noreen and Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMD, gurls!!!! What a walkie!!!! You gurls have such a beautiful hood!!! we just got track houses that cost more than mansions in most places! Nothin' real special to see here! Wells, there are a few older Victorians that are downtown that are really cool, butts it's super boring viewing around heres. Anyhu, Looks like you gurls keep your Moms walkin' for HOURS!!! I gots to take notes, cause Ma does walk fast, she doesn't walk for very long ~ my walkies are usually no more that about 40 minutes! I thinks I'm gettin' ripped off!!!
    Anyhu, I'm glads you took us along on your walkie, it was super funs! And I hopes you stuck your tongue outs at Miss Cranky-Pants!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fangtastic walk! And crazy river otters at the end of it, how pawfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. good to know a LONG walk can't stop a good crazed river otter game :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's the only way to loosen her bones, a longer walk
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  16. You girls make every walk an adventure! Thank you for taking us along. :-)

    ReplyDelete