Who We Are

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Watching the US Open

Greetings to all!  It's me, Maggie.  Did anyone else catch the US Open over the weekend?  Before I go any further -- I mean the golf tournament.  My great-brother Zimmie had a really funny joke played on him by our great-sister Amber back in 2008 ... click here to see it ... so I wanted to clarify.  Ha roo roo roo!  But anyway, did you see it?  It was very exciting!

Oh, sure, there were some really amazing shots made, but I'm not referring to those.

And we loved it when Sergio Garcia made a birdie -- then rescued a poor, scared baby birdie on the course!

And there was the controversial call made on Dustin Johnson - or at least questionable as to how the officials handled the whole thing - but he went on to win the tournament anyway!

That was all really thrilling, but the most intoxicating part of the whole thing came right as they were heading into a commercial.  I was checking out the Leader Board ...

IMG_1431MagsTVUSOpen
"OK, Lowry is still leading ... but I'm pulling for Dustin Johnson!"

"Pulling" for him.  A little Siberian Husky humor there.  Anyway ... back to the TV!

IMG_1432MagsTVBunny
"What's coming up next?  WAIT!  BUNNY!?!?!"

I couldn't believe my eyes!  I had to get closer!

IMG_1438MagsTVBunny
"YES!  BUNNY!!!"

How exciting is that?!?

IMG_1446MagsTVBunny
"I can't believe I'm this close to him!  He's a good-sized one, too!"

It was truly exciting!  He hopped off, but I went to the window to watch for him.

IMG_1449MagsWindow
"I'm watching for you, Bunny!!!"

I'd hate for him to eat all of Mom's plants out there in the garden!  I stayed on Guard Duty there for quite a while!

Did you catch the Open?  What did you watch over the weekend?

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

16 comments:

  1. We watched the Open too but we don't remember seeing that bunny. We always try to keep the bunnies out of our yard because they eat our beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie you need to come here to visit we have bunnies in our yard just like on the TEEEVEEEs and we have chippiemunks too.
    My peeps did not watch the OPEN
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom is not really much into sports of any kind - but WE can totally get into watching buns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, we didn't catch the Open, but Lightning almost caught one of those tasty furries:)

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMD that is ONE HOOOOOOGE Bunny... we are thinkin it might be GOOD that he got away...

    We think the U.S. Open might have been here in Pencil Vane E Ah... there was some sort of Golfing thingy down near Pitch Burger... we heard that on the news.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mags. You need to get up on that couch. It will be a lot more comfortable for bunny watching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We don't have a TV (we watch boxed sets of our favorite shows on a big computer monitor and save on the cable bill). But I bet Mom's Dad watched it - he is ALWAYS watching sports and he golfed 9 holes, 3 times a week, weather permitting, until he was 92.

    Abby Lab

    ReplyDelete
  8. We don't have a TV (we watch boxed sets of our favorite shows on a big computer monitor and save on the cable bill). But I bet Mom's Dad watched it - he is ALWAYS watching sports and he golfed 9 holes, 3 times a week, weather permitting, until he was 92.

    Abby Lab

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a BIG bunny! Wonder where he went? No, I didn't watch the Open. I don't understand golf very well. I'm more of a basketball person. But I'm so glad you got some extra excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  10. how cool is that!?! did the bunny ever go into your yard? we just watched our local bird channel over the weekend. or should we call it birdie channel :D

    pip, smidgen, minnie, hollie, sharpie, ditto

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMD!!! Maggie, you almost gots the bunny! I would have barked and barked at it, and then pounced on the teevees, and got yelled at....so glads you are more of a LADY than I am!!!! BOL!!!! Anyhu, that Sergio is my kind of dude! I thinks he should gets a plaque or somethings. Wells, I hopes you had a good weekend watchin' bunnies and golf!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMD...that was one big bunny!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I missed that!!!! A bunny???? was he playing or wuz he a caddie????
    I haf to confess I haf nefer seen a bunny in the furs *hands head in shame* By the time the peeps haf shown it to me Mr Bunny has always run off.....but I do nose all about their poop!
    Good job you are there to guard you Mom's garden from those bunnies Maggie!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are not much into watching golf but we sure do love watching bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMD, how exciting! That's one HUGE bunny. It's a good thing you kept him from eating your momma's garden. He could've done some real damage.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! So cool that you were able to get so close to that HUGE Bunny!!!

    ReplyDelete