Who We Are

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Need Some Sunshine!

Ha roo, pups and cool cats!  It's me - Zim!  We're currently getting hit by that blizzard Stormy told you about.  Apparently Mom doesn't want to spend a lot of time outside with us - something about snow flying around, swirling winds, ice covering everything, sub-zero degree (Fahrenheit) wind chills ... blah, blah, blah.  I wasn't really listening to the whole thing; I was just happy to see more snow covering my really cool snow forts!  I can't wait to get out there and work on them.

In the meantime, how about some sunshine?!?  Now, it wasn't real warm, but it was certainly sunny the last time I went to that new ocean I discovered.  I hadn't shared all the pix with you - so why not take a look now?

Here I am, just past the barricade, down the path a bit:

DSCN0159cr Zim

Aren't the rocks cool? I got to climb on them a little bit. But then Mom said we could walk all the way down to the bottom of the path, down near the shoreline! She wanted to take a pic of that castle-looking part of the dam.

DSCN0161

Whatever. While she dilly-dallied getting that shot, I checked out a bunch of things floating around on the water.

DSCN0164 Zim

I thought they might be gooses, but they were something called "buoys". Too bad. It would be cool to meet up with gooses again. I really dig those guys.

Mom took this artsy shot of me:

DSCN0166 Zim

I look as tall as a Great Dane there, don't I? How cool is that?!?!

We hiked around for a while down there, then ... see the path behind me in this next photo?  Sort of "under" the dam?

DSCN0170 Zim

Yeah, the one winding up the hill. Mom realized since we came down that path, we were going to have to hike back up there... so we got going.

Back up at the top, there's a nice stone bench you can sit on to relax and enjoy the view. (I showed you a pic of me sitting there a bit ago.) Here's another look:

DSCN0176cr Zim

It's really comfy. Oh, and it's not like I was just sitting there taking in the view. I was working, too. Seriously. Check out this next photo:

DSCN0179 Zim

See? Check out the rock wall behind me, to the left. See my shadow? That takes talent.  Ha roo roo roo!

I hope you enjoyed the sun.  For those of you in the path of the blizzard - stay safe and warm!  I'll be heading out in a bit to check on my really cool snow forts.

Play bows,
Zim

14 comments:

  1. Those are great pictures. Mom smiled at your excitement about the new snow and said that is the reason she is glad to have cats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woof! Woof! So nice photos ... bring some sunshine here. We are getting lots of SNOW soon. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures. Mom is such a baby for not wanting to go hang outside in the blizzard conditions
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woooooo, guess who :)

    I actually managed to drag the secretary into blogland! Her reluctance was swayed by my demands of assistance for my mission and by promising her a Dave Fix!! (Knew she couldnt resist the latter!!) Currently reviving her from a giant swoon induced by a certain freckle nosed handsome devil reading a card from some flowers!!!
    I'm sure if I promise to let her come by regularly and peek at Dave pics that I will manage to convince her to become my underappreciated secretary once again! Whaddya think?
    Missed you all,

    Ben xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool adventure Zimmie. I hope you are tucked up safely inside during the blizzard!

    Huffs

    p.s. Hambone? I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures! The sun looks nice!
    You have a new leash and collar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those beautiful shots will make you forget about the blizzard for a bit, guys. Stay safe!

    Love ya lots,
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  8. You went on a great adventure to Tuttle Creek Zimmie! It's very cool there although we bet it's cooler there today. Hee hee. Stay warm and rest up so you can get out to your snow forts soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did enjoy the sun. Can't wait for Spring to get here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are beautiful pictures as usual. You would probably prefer to be out there in the snow but my Mom understands the need your Mom has to stay inside.

    {{{HUGS}}}

    prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs and tail wags and lots of warm snuggling,
    Zeke, Sushi and Tiger Lily

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beawootiful pictures, Zim! woo are so artsy, that is a fabulous shadow! We're having the same issue here, moms just don't love snow & sleet & freezing cold weather like we do, I guess... thanks fur sharing some sunshine, we haven't seen the sun for a few days.

    jack & moo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are you getting some good ideas about your snow fort by looking at those cool castle looking things?

    I really like your new ocean! It looks like a cool place to explore!

    We hope you all stay safe in the blizzard too! Luckily, we are just on the edge of it and only getting about 6 inches. The wind is the worst part!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cool new ocean. It nice to look at sunshine when it all cold around us. I hope you get to work on your forts soon!
    ~lickies, Ludo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute DOggy and very nice photos.. There always a rainbow after the snow..;)

    Natural Dog Training Tips...

    ReplyDelete