Who We Are

Monday, February 14, 2011

A Valentine!?! For ME?!?

Ha roo, pups and cool cats!  It's me - Zim!  Happy Valentine's Day to each and every one of you!

Did all of you see the Thundering Herd's blog post last Thursday?  They wrote an excellent commentary about the sled dog massacre that so many of us read in horror.  They made a GREAT case for retired sled dogs being rehomed and living wonderful lives.  And they posted a picture of one such pup ... Holly.  Sigh.  Holly with the shiny silvery fur and the foxy face and those deep chocolate eyes that a guy could just get lost in!  Anyway... I left a little comment on their post just asking if she's as gorgeous in person Siberian as she is in her photos ... and the next thing I knew ... well ... it went something like this:

There I was, just catching up on some work in the living room...

DSCN0482 Zim
"Oh, yeah!  I've got you guys this time!!!"

...when I heard the email chime ring. I thought I'd see what had come in, so I hit the little switch at the bottom of my Mom's iPad ...

DSCN0488 Zim
"Lemme just hit this button..."

...and look what came up!!! A Valentine! For ME! And it's from ... HOLLY!!!

Check it out:

HollyValentine3
A Valentine for me, from Holly!

And see down there in the lower right-hand corner?

DSCN0494 Zim
"She signed it 'Love, Holly'!"

She says, "Love, Holly." Sigh! I couldn't help myself - I just had to lick her right on that beautiful black gumdrop nose!

DSCN0492 Zim
SLURP!

I could just flip for her!

DSCN0476 Zim
"I   NorthWapiti's Holland Lake"

Can you blame me?  She's run the Iditarod and everything!  And now she's living in a wonderful home with three other Sibes - Rubi, Denali, Sprite.  She does some recreational scootering and sledding, likes all dogs and people, and is going to be trained as a therapy pup!  (Long-time readers - remember our cool Steelers scarves?  Her mom sent us those!)  I could go on and on - she's just so dreamy!  AND she's my Valentine!

I wonder if she'd like to share my sunbeam with me?

DSCN0479 Zim
"Sigh...."

Happy Valentine's Day to all! Especially to Holly!

Play bows,
Zim

22 comments:

  1. Woof! Woof! Happy Valentine's Day. Lots of Golden LOVE n Woofs, Sugar♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my dogness, Zim, are woo smitten or what!
    Puppy love rules!

    jack & moo

    Happy Valentines day from us to the Ao4!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Valentine's day to all of you <3

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Valentine's Day to you!

    Rudy's Raiser

    P.S. We are doing a Valentine's Giveaway; over at our blog... we'd love for you to enter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Zim - you have it BAD! But Holly is pretty good looking...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:57 PM

    oooooo you are soooooo lucky to get a valentine from her! The cracker and the criminal go NO valenitines this year... but that's because they've been naughty...

    you must be ONE really great pup to get such a looker for valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Valentine's Zim and the rest of the AO4.
    Does woo has Puppy Love???

    Husky kisses,
    Biloxi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwwww, Zimmy you are soooo in lurve. Happy Valentines. I hope you remembered to send Holly a lovely valentine of you :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. And as we mentioned, she is even more gorgeous in pupson.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww... Zimmie!

    That's the sweetest heart story we've heard! Way to go. Have a wonderful day of hearts!

    Happy Hearts Day to all of you!!!

    Love,
    Piappies Fudgie, Princess, Frappie, Mocha, Sugar, Wai-Pai, Wai-Max & Forgie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Zimmie, she is beautiful!! I think there are going to be quite a few girls out there who will be jealous!

    Happy Valentine's Day to you and to MY special Valentine, Dave!!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are one lucky boy Zimmie!

    Huffs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Zim's in LOVE! And what a catch she is!
    Happy Valentines Day to all the AO4!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute!Happee Valentine's Day
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  15. Holly is very pretty Zim! We hope you all have a Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an adorable post!...Happy Valentine's Day, precious friends...kisses...Calle, Halle, Sukki

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMD!
    Lovely! Lovely!
    Happy Valentine's Day to all of you!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  18. Momma came home from work today and told me all about this! She said she was on her lunch break when she was reading this but I'm not too sure about that. Anyway, this post just puts smiles on our faces! Happy Valentine's Day to all of you!
    Snuggles,
    Twix and Taffy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Valentine's Day!!

    Zim and Holly, sitting in the tree . . .

    Sorry. I won't tease. I think you two make a cute couple. Holly is pawsitively gorgeous.

    Don't tell anyone, but my crush is on Dave . . . sigh.

    Storm

    ReplyDelete
  20. Zim you lucky pup!!

    Cheers,
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. w00fs, hmmmm zim, does Sitka know u gots a valentine card from the bute ti ful Holly??

    b safe,
    rocky

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, Zim! She is gorgeous! You are a lucky pup!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete