Who We Are

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Pumpkin Oat Cookies!

Tail wags, dear readers - it's me, Stormy!  Mom made us some Pumpkin Oat Cookies over the weekend.  They are mighty tasty, so I thought I'd post the recipe for all of you.  I'll link to this in the sidebar, under our Secret Family Recipes, so your biped can come back to this numerous times and make batch after batch after batch of cookies for you!  Ready to start?  Let's head to the kitchen and I'll show you how we made them!

Have your biped gather the following ingredients:

2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 eggs
1 cup of pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling, just pumpkin!)
2-4 Tablespoons peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup old-fashioned oats

Your biped needs to mix that all real well in a large bowl; our mom used the electric hand mixer but you don't have to.

At this point, you need to inspect your biped's work. Dave and I were on hand.

IMG_1196 Storm & Dave
"Hold it a little lower, please..."
"Maybe if I sit like a good boy, I'll get some dough!"

Dave gave it his thumbs up err... approval, but I needed to inspect it a bit closer.

IMG_1197 Stormy
"Yeah... that smells wonderful!"

I gave Mom the go-ahead and she got busy with the next stages.

Oh... wait.  You might be wondering where Zimmie was.  Well ... umm ... he was busy in another part of the house.

IMG_1210lomo Zim
"Zzzzzz......"

Well, maybe not so much busy as otherwise engaged.

Now your biped needs to get rolling!  Have her or him roll the dough out to 1/8", cut out with really cool cookie cutters, then move them to baking sheets. Bake at 350℉ for 20-30 minutes, or until crispy.  Cool cookies on cooling racks.

Next comes the part Zim was resting up for - the taste-testing!!!

CollagePOC
Zim is in the bottom left corner
Dave is in the upper left
I'm on the right

Trust me when I say they are delicious! They're great "as is", but you might notice I have a spread on mine. I need extra calories, so I got a bunch of the cookies smeared with a tasty, high-calorie supplement called NutriCal. Mmmm, what a great combo!

OK, I know you want a close-up of the cookies. Are you ready?

PumpkinOatCookies
Pumpkin Oat Cookies

Mega-tasty! These are for pups, but I think some of my kit-cat friends might like them, too. And bipeds can try them... but they aren't sweet or anything, so they probably won't steal too many of your treats!

Now, everyone give your bipeds your best Sad-Eyes Look so you can try this recipe! Good luck and let me know if you give them a go!

Tail wags,
Storms

18 comments:

  1. Oh, my doGness! Those cookies look very, very yummy! One of these days, maybe we can get our mom to make us some!

    Aire-hugs,
    Penny & Patches

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Stormy, yummyo! Our Mommy said she needed pumpkin so she hadda go to the store then she'll make us some.

    wecantwaitwecantwaitwecantwait.....

    Bobo and Meja

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think we will make them this weekend--they really do look so yummy! lucky doggies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh... those cookies look soo wonderful!
    Wanna share some?? Maybe I can get my mommy to make some :)

    Rudy

    P.S. If you have time, please stop by our blog today; Rudy's entered in a contest - and needs all the votes he can get!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We used to give Salvador NutriCal too! Only dad put it all over his furs and he'd spend hours licking it off. Those cookies look yummy.

    Huffs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oohh I'm going to have to try and make these for Darwin! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:12 PM

    OMD, that is totally going in my recipes of the week to try... i've been cooking up a storm here in CH and i have YET to do special doggie treats. once i start, i know L&J will demand more! those look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so jealous of all you that have moms that cook. My mom hates to cook. BOO :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. yummmmmmmm - those cookies look so good!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those do look yummy and they are filled with my favorites so I'll get my mommy to make me some. Thanks for the recipe!

    Sadie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Storms!
    Thanks a lot for sharing the recipe!
    My mom has those ingredients here!
    I hope she will bake some for me this weekend!
    Yummilicious!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look deliciouso! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh My Dog those look good!! You are all such lucky pups to have your mom make you such great cookies!!!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  14. Moooommmyy!!! Get this recipe will ya?
    Slurp slurp!!

    Cheers,
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those sound and look really good!!!

    Woofs and Kisses!
    The Fiesty Three

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those look yummy. We will have to give them a try sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hmmmm, methinks woos missed the bacon...no? well OK, we're on the way to the store right now! Soft husky woooos angel Storm! Dave- we will let woo know how there turn out,

    RA

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well you can't go wrong with those ingredients! They sure do look yummy--thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete