Who We Are

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Fun in the Sun!

Ha roo, pups and cool cats! It's me, Zim! Yesterday was a bright, sunny day, so Dave and I sent Mom a mind-meld message to take us somewhere FUN! Before we knew it, we were at the Kansas Ocean! (We're really good at the whole mind-meld thing!)

When we got to the transoceanic bridge, I looked down to check the water:

IMG_7030 Zim
"Wowzers!  Talk about low tide!  Must be from the full moon."

It was amazing how much the water level had dropped.  I know the moon affects the tides, so I chalked it up to the full moon.  Oh ... there was some water left in the ocean - check it out:

IMG_7031 Zim

It just was way low tide.

Can you see Mom's shadow in the lower right, holding up the iPhone?  It was so bright, she couldn't see what she was doing.  Dave and I decided to have a little fun with that.

Mom asked Dave to look at the camera and smile, so he went first; since Mom couldn't see anything, this is what Dave did:

IMG_7035 Dave
Dave

Ha roo roo roo. Good one, Davy! Here's what I came up with:

IMG_7037 Zim
Me.  Zim!

Dave started ha wooing at that, then Mom turned and snapped his pic again real fast:

IMG_7036 Dave
"Ha woo!  Good one, Zim!"

Mom was fast and sneaky with that one; it's like she's taking cues from ... well ... one of us!  I covered for Dave as fast as I could:

IMG_7033 Zim and Dave
"Hey!  Whatcha guys doing?"

Oh. Did I get in the way?  Gee.  Sorry.  Oh, and nice work with the shadows and all, Mom.

We walked along the shoreline a little more, then we let Mom take one semi-decent shot of us:

IMG_7039 Dave and Zim

Well, OK, Dave is bleached out in full sun and my face is heavily shadowed ... but Dave's SHADOW looks really cool!  Ha roo roo roo!  What fun in the sun!

Thanks for coming along with us!

Play bows,
Zim

12 comments:

  1. GREAT pix hehehe - and good teamwork looking towards the lake in the first couple of pix! The K.O. does look low, indeed - hmmmnn; maybe it is that ginormous moon that's been hangin' in the sky the last few nights! LOVE that shadow shot - what a winner!
    Hugs xoxoxo
    Sammie and Avalon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Kansas ocean looks beautiful with the reflections in it...hope you guys had a fun walk
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darwin must be taking tips from you boys cause all day today I kept trying to snap pictures, and as soon as I hit the button, she'd turn her head. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You two boys are funny with how you pose for your mom! Gotta make those moms work for the money shots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are best at this whole mind-meld thing, it sure gets you some awesome adventures.

    The silvers and more

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful Ocean. I love seeing it in your pictures. Sure wish I could of been there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! What a fantastic walk that was!!
    I had loads of fun, beautiful views!!
    thanks for taking us along!!

    Cheers,
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys look really good. I keep asking for pics of me with our part of the Kansas ocean but SOMEONE isn't talented enough yet. She'll keep practicing though.

    xoxo,

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  10. Messin' with mom, that is always fun.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Messing with mom's mentals is always great fun. I had not realized there was a bridge totally over the entire ocean. Hope you didn't get worn out trekking that far.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pics! Love your shadows!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete