Who We Are

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Serene Scenery Sunday - The Special Effects Edition

Ha roo, pups and cool cats!  Zim here with this week's Serene Scenery Sunday post.  Today, I thought I'd share some special effects photos that Mom had done recently, using a combination of PhotoShop Elements 9 and some iPhone apps.  We find them really soothing; we hope you will, too!

This first one might just be my favorite:

IMG_7012 Zim

"Why?" you might ask. Well, because usually after a bunch of that, Mom says something about "someone" needing to burn off some excess energy in a positive way, and we head out on a cool adventure! Pretty good deal, don't you think?

Here's a cool Kansas barn we saw on one of our outings:

IMG_6126 Kansas barn

Our skies aren't really that turquoise-y. That's some of that "lomo camera" stuff, if I recall correctly. Sure looks cool, though, doesn't it?

Here's another old barn, with different effects:

IMG_6581 Kansas barn

Dave liked the natural colors in that one a bit better.

Speaking of whom, here's a shot of the Deeve himself:

IMG_6898 Dave

He was in his Zen Zone - right next to Mom!

Here is a shot of me from our trip to the Kansas Ocean the other day:

IMG_7040 Zim

You saw the original pic yesterday, but I really liked this version, too!  A trip to the ocean always mellows me out!

Remember my trip to the Top of the World?  That's another of my favorite places!  Here's a view from up there:

IMG_6990 Top of the World

Why do I expect to see John Wayne leading a Cavalry Troop across the hills?

Lastly, here's Mom's favorite shot of me from that adventure:

IMG_7005 Zim - Top of the World

I always feel great after a trip to the Top of the World!

I hope you enjoyed the special effects version of Serene Scenery Sunday!  

Play bows,
Zim

12 comments:

  1. I like ALL of the pics.. butt the two BARN Pics are my FAVORITES.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zim, we love the 'word' picture of you! The barn photos and landscapes are just incredible! Enjoy your Sunday!

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics! Spechully the barn ones. Our Mom like old Barns! Heard Mom muttering (like she does sometimes) about "gotta get me some Photoshop" so she could do some fun stuff with pics.
    Wags
    Ernie for the pack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the top pictures and all the little words.

    Pawesome pictures though, all of them!
    Slobbers

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the pictures are great. I especially like the first barn picture. It is well framed with the tree and it looks like a neat kind of modern barn.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love all the special effects Zim! Our mommy really liked the first barn photo. It reminded her of growing up in Kansas a squizillion years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  7. MOM and I love all the photos. It would be hard to pick a favorite one.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of the special effects, Zim, but I have to say that the first one is my favorite!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  9. All really great pictures.

    The silvers and more

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are really neat special effects Zim, cool!
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the special effects - I always like photos that look like old-time photos, that "lost in time" look.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  12. We enjoyed the lovely photos.

    Nina, Myshka, Sasha, Betsy, Lucy, Phoebe and Lily

    ReplyDelete