Who We Are

Thursday, March 29, 2012

I'm Bored!

Woo, everypup and everycat!  It's me, Dave.  It's been almost two whole weeks now since I hurt my back - actually, none of us remember me specifically doing anything to it, it just REALLY started hurting and my vet saw some disc problems when she took x-rays.  Anyway... I've been really good about resting (more or less) but I'm getting so bored!

IMG_7268 Dave
"Mom?  Can't we go do something?  Mom?"

I'm feeling a WHOLE lot better and all that "resting" stuff is wearing thin!

IMG_7274 Dave
"Seriously, Mom.  I'm bored.  Can't we do something?!?"

Then I gave her the message she can't refuse:
 
IMG_7263 Dave
"I ... umm ... need to use the yard.  Yeah, that's it."

Mom never refuses our requests to go outside to go potty -- unless there is a major lightning/thunder storm right on top of us or something else dangerous.

Oh!  But before I head out -- I wanted to point out the quilt behind me to our pal Remington!  It's a quilt Mom made to honor our great brother Booter; it's called "Booter's Quilt:  Dogs in Kansas".  He was an Aussie/Lab mix, but one of our vets affectionately referred to him as a "Pocket Newfoundland" once and that sort of stuck with him.  Mom smiles and thinks of him when she reads Remington's blog!

Here's a better look at the quilt:

IMG_7159 Booter's Quilt

Mom pieced it in 1992-3 at Fort Riley, Kansas, then finally quilted in in 1995 when they lived in South Korea.  Mom said the pups in the pattern were Goldens, but she made them all black or black and white and grey for Booter!  We've shared some pix of him with you before (and you can see him in our blog banner!) but we wanted to show you one of Mom's favorites today.

Booter & Rachel 

That's from about 1989 and that's one of our non-fur cousins there. Mom loves how that photo shows his gentle side - and we see a lot of that in Remington! 

Anyway, I'd better get to the yard before Mom accuses me of faking that I need out.  There's one more thing I wanted to show you, too!

IMG_7180 Dave
"Check it out!"

It's my cool purple harness. I really like the red one my vet student made me, but now that I'm getting strong again, Mom and Dad feel better having something more substantial on me. Also I don't have to trail a leash behind me this way. And ... this way I'm in PURPLE again!

I hope everyone has a great day!  I plan on needing to use the yard a lot ... ha woo.

Luv,
Dave

26 comments:

  1. I LOVE THAT PICTURE OF ME AND BOOTER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dave, you look so sad with all that resting. I hope you can at least get down stairs to help mom in the studio soon. Feel better soon.

    Love,

    Cindy & Nina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you are not at 100% yet, my friend! You certainly look great in purple! The quilt -- AWESOME! I love it! He looks like he was a gentle guy too....great pic of him with the little one....thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel ya Dave. I am sick and tired of laying around and "taking it easy". Although last night there was some excitement. I hope to tell ya about it soon.
    You look very good, great in fact, in purple.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, the time to heal just seems to take forever!!!! we say take all the trips to the yard you can manage.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Dave, I'm with you on all that resting. That's exactly what I have been having to do AND NOW I have to go in for surgery in a few days. Not good BUT I am happy you are doing better. Us guys like to be out and about and having fun. It gets old fast huh? You look good in purple!
    Wags and hope you are better soon!
    Ernie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heya Dave! Glad woo are on the mend there mate! An purple is definitely your color! Take it easy huskerboo!

    RA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go STATE!

    Also, we're so glad you are getting better. Injuries are no fun.

    xoxo,

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:29 PM

    Purple looks pawsome on woo Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry your bored, hopefully your next adventure is right around the corner. We loved reading & seeing pictures of your brother Booter. The quilt is beautiful.
    You do look great in purple.

    The silvers and more

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dave, You are Chairman of the Bored.

    Purple harness is great. Hope you are good as new soon.

    Remy and Flash

    ReplyDelete
  12. Booter's quilt is just beautiful! I love the colors!
    Take your sweet time going potty, Dave!

    Love ya lots
    Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shiloh here - 'boutz the boredom - welcome tu my world. And not just frum when I wuz down with bak (disk) problems tu butt ALMOST EVERY DAY! Since mom sez she HAZ tu leeve erly an'werk ALL DAY, me'n Shasta r home by ourselvez ALL DAY! Glad tu hear u iz gittin'better - bet u will b all better REAL SOON. Sendin'sum warm Kansas Beagle healin'vibez tu u.
    Shiloh

    ReplyDelete
  14. Boredom is the WORST!

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awwww, me and Simba could have popped round to keep you company. We are glad your back is feeling a bit better and you got to go outside. That is a lovely purple harness. But that quilt is absolutely beautiful, your mummy must have a lot of patience and is very very clever :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Booter was undoubtedly awesome. Love your new threads Davy.

    Huffs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Dave - I've had to do the "rest" thing too, in the past when I've pulled a muscle playing or something - so I know how you feel and I totally sympathise!! Resting can be so BORING!! But hey - that's a clever little trick to get the humans to take you out - I must remember that one! :-)

    Slobbers,
    Honey the Great Dane
    ps. love your new purple harness - the colour looks so striking against your coat!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look handsome in your purple harness Dave! We love that quilt and photo of Booter too! We hope you keep feeling better so you can do more fun things!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad you are getting to feel better, Dave! And you pull purple off really well!!!

    AROOOOOF!
    Boondocks & The Love Shack Pack

    ReplyDelete
  20. You do look the handsomest in purple, no denying. That's a pretty quilt your mom made too, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Dave! I've been so bad about reading blogs that I didn't know you hurt your back! But, I'm SOOOO happy you are feeling better! Sending lots of snooter smooches to my handsome man!

    Oh, and I ALSO have a purple harness! How cool is THAT!?!?!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hope your back gets back to normal. We ring a bell to go outside, BOL
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  23. Being under house arrest can be a total pain. I, too, find that one entertainment is to go out and come in and go out and come in and.... well you get my point.

    Snazzy sports bra!

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Dave, you look very cute in your harness. That quilt is incredible!

    Licks,
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey, just tell your momma,

    "When woo gotta go, WOO GOTTA GO!"

    Wags and woofs,
    Mack and Mia

    ReplyDelete
  26. Aww I'm so far behind on reading I didn't even realize you'd hurt your back. I'll get caught up soon I promise! I'm glad you're starting to feel better. Unfortunately it is important to follow doctor's orders!

    Tell you mom I said thanks for her message about Storm. I did have Storm's eyes checked and he said she is definitely developing cataracts that will affect her vision. He said the dry eye shouldn't affect her vision, it just makes her uncomfortable. The reason she's having a recheck is because I don't think he got her cyclosporine (for dry eye) dosage right because she's still having some issues. Thank you for the info on CDS. I'll definitely check it out. :D

    ReplyDelete