Who We Are

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Cooperating for Photos 1 - Costumes

Tail wags, pups. It's Stormy, your proud instructor here at the SZK School of Siberian Studies. I've seen some wonderful posts on your blogs lately and you are doing fine, fine work in your Cooperating for Photos 1 class. Heidi, over at the Forget Sit and Stay Gang, posted a great picture of Lola, Rosemary, Journey and even Witty Kitty! Echo's sister Shyla made us all proud with a recent post (as good as Echo's poses from Mother's Day!), and Huffle Mawson, Explorer Cat, has really caught on fast! And we all loved Marley's post from yesterday! All of you are really doing a fantastic job!

A word now about Costumes. Or outfits. As Siberian Huskies, unless it's something REALLY cool ... we don't do costumes. Unlike some breeds, we have more than our fair share of fluff to help us stay warm and don't need to add to it. Some of you guys look awesome in the things you choose to wear; Joe Stains and his detective coat come to mind. Very cool indeed. But let's face it, unless Mom and Dad want to turn the air conditioning to about 50 below zero, you aren't going to see one of us in a coat.

Smaller things, such as bandanas, might be OK. Our great brother Booter looked really cool in bandanas, for example.

Great brother Boots

Great sisters Jesse and Lucky did not like wearing them. Mom said Booter looked cool, but the girls looked like they were on their way to rob a bank. Hmm. At any rate, they chewed enough bandanas up that Mom got the idea.

Ams and I gave her that same input, which is why you will VERY rarely see her try to get us to wear one. Yes, when Zim wanted us to be pirates with him, he tried to get us to cooperate. It was a no go. Please check out the posts here and here. Mom REALLY doesn't want to see that look from Amber again. REALLY. I can't resist, though. Here it is:

We don't DO costumes!

Ha roo roo roo! Enough said about that!

Tail wags,
Storms

12 comments:

  1. Once again, The Ao4 logikh is spot on!

    Keep up the good work!!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra
    PeeEssWoo: Booter did look darn khute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We wear bandannas, but only when we go to events. I have discovered that humans think I am cuter when I wear a bandanna and I get more treats.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh costumes aren't much fun. Rosemary absolutely refuses. However, Journey and Lola will wear their aprons when helping around the kitchen. You didn't seriously try to cover one of the red heads? Mom?????

    Thanks for helping us with our pics!

    Heidi, Lady of Leisure

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Human put a shirt on me once to see if it would calm me down. It did not!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No costumes! I don't know how we'll get a picture of us not wearing costumes!

    We'll try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't do costumes. The most I tolerate is my collar. But mum can't even get a photo of that!

    Huffle Mawson, Honorary Husky and Explorer Cat

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thank you for the mention of my coat, I do look particularly handsome in it! I can see why some dogs don't like that kind of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Ammy, I can sure tell by the look on your face you are not pleased with your mom!!

    You do look cute though!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys always make me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You make a really cute pirate Zim..

    ~ Girl girl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haroo A04!!!

    We just love your classes Stormy:)

    We've tagged Stormy, Ammy & Dave in the Memoir Meme game...check out our blog!!!

    Prince & Summer @ Team Husky

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Ammy - I couldn't have said it better myself. Thankfully Dad has pretty much banned costumes from our house. Although I think Mom could stray to the darkside with very little encouragement. We have to watch her carefully.
    ECHO

    ReplyDelete