Who We Are

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Let's Take a (Road Trip) Break!

Woo, everypup and everycat.  It's me, Dave.  I've been working really hard down in the Studio with my mom lately - she's been writing up the directions for an original table runner pattern and has been finishing up another runner she re-wrote the directions for.  She chose some WILD fabrics for that one that just aren't "us" and believe me, they've been giving both of us a major headache.

The other day, Zim came in to check on us to see how we were doing.

IMG_7042 Zim
"Hey Mom!  Hey Dave!  Whatcha guys d-- ... WHOA!"

He took one look at the re-written directions runner (you can see it there in the foreground) and decided Mom and I should take a break.  And quickly!  He suggested a car ride.

When Mom went into the inner room of the Studio to unplug the iron, I made my move.

IMG_7045 Dave
"I call shotgun!"

I called it first, so I got to ride shotgun!

IMG_7063 Dave
Me riding shotgun!

It was really fun!  We drove all the way out to Keats to go to one of Mom and Zim's favorite parks.  I had never been out there!  I think Zim was a little concerned that I wouldn't be as good of a navigator as he is, but we made it just fine.  Here he is on the way home:

IMG_7064 Zim
"Mom?  Are you sure you know how to get home, Mom?  
Take a left.  No, your other left!  
Dave, tell her!"

What a backseat driver. Ha woo!

Luv,
Dave

PS: The pix of us in the car were taken while we were stopped in the parking lot.  Mom does not take pix while driving!

20 comments:

  1. That table runner sure is bright! Since it has purple in it I think it is just fine. Not that it would go with my decor either. It looks like you boys had a fun trip with mom. Maybe you should get her to take more breaks like that.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy day! Another quilt sighting! I love to give directions too when I LET Beth drive....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very bright. Good thing Zim came in to suggest a break. I always ride shotgun. Even if there is another human in the car. I mean that's my spot.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Road trip! I looooove riding in the car. I get to ride in it whenever we go visit Grandma, and sometimes when we go to the dog park nearby. But I don't like to ride shotgun. That seat makes me nervous. I ride in the back with my blankie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is going to make a very bright and happy table fur sure.

    Love that you got to ride SHOTGUN!!!

    Super Break from the quilting. Good Idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are ALL back seat drivers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woah. Drives are the best. We're really glad your mom doesn't take pics while driving b/c we want you all to be very very safe!

    xoxo,

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great break you guys got! And to such a cool park! That IS one wild quilt, but check out all the patterning - so intensely beautiful!
    (Our pawrents have trouble with their turns too - we keep telling them "their other left" etc. heheh)
    Hugs xoxoxo
    Sammie and Avalon

    ReplyDelete
  9. lucky for mom she has two navigators to help her out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all, love the colors in the table runner!

    Glad Zim was a good navigator. You must have taught he well.

    Drools and licks,
    Minnie and Mack

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is wild fabric, we just love anything with purple in it.
    You 2 are so lucky, we love road trip, but we are all back seat drivers.

    The silvers and more

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely looks like time for a break...glad you made it back safe!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh, I love the photo with your reflection in the car window. Hope you had a fun time :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't believe you were nice enough to let Davy navigate, Zimmie! Since you managed to post this, I assume you got home safely.

    Huffs

    p.s. I missed you all!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mom says that purple is red is an awesome combination - almost as perfect as purple and orange together!
    My Maggie used to love to ride shotgun. I prefer the back seat.

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a bright runner but it's very pretty! How fun to take your mom on a road trip! She needs more breaks like that!

    ReplyDelete
  17. mol! Zim does look worried :) Dave, you and Zim do such a good job looking out for your mom. Hope you all had fun at the park!

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you had fun a break at the park.
    Riding in the car is fun too.

    Nina, Myshka, Sasha, Betsy, Lucy, Phoebe and Lily

    ReplyDelete
  19. Perfect, you knew exactly when to call "shotgun." The pattern for the quilt is really nice..
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, I just love that last picture - so arty & clever!! :-)

    ReplyDelete