Who We Are

Friday, March 30, 2012

Photo Fun-Finish Friday!

Ha roo, pups and cool cats!  It's me, Zim.  I have a PACK of pix to show you today, so I'll try to keep the chit-chat to a minimum.  Basically, with Dave out on injured reserve, it's been left up to me to keep things lively around here.  (I showed you some evidence of that last Friday, in fact!)

Anyway, so there we all were the other night - Mom and Dad were watching a movie, Dave was snoozing, and me?  I was looking for a bit more excitement!  I went up on the catwalk to get a view of the scene.

IMG_7235 Zim watching Dave 

Look at poor Dave down there! He really needs something to cheer him up!

  IMG_7236 Zim watching Dave 

Yep. It's time to Zimstigate some fun around here!

  IMG_7237 Zim 

 Watch this! This is going to be great; I know how to kick things up!

You know the "No Siberians Allowed on the Furniture Rule"? Let's start with that one!

IMG_7241 Zim howling
"Ha roooooo! I'm on the ottoman! Ha rooooo!"
 
You have no idea how fun that was! Until ...

IMG_7244 Mike and Zim
 "NoNoZimmieNO!"
 
Hmm.   Where have I heard those words before?  And what do they mean?  Probably not important.

IMG_7245 Mike and Zim
"Hey, Dad! What's shakin'?"

Then I remembered - "NoNoZimmieNO!" is a cheer they do when I do something particularly fun!  And not only was Dad cheering me on, but he was clapping for me! That's when things took a turn for the better!

Since we had so much fun, I'm switching the pix into cartoon mode.

IMG_7247fx Mike and Zim
"Play bows, Dad!"
"Right back at you, Zim!"

I had to wonder if Dad knew what signal he was sending me with his body posture. I think Mom did; in fact, I think I heard her start praying under her breath. (Mom's nice like that.) I think you all know what came next.

IMG_7252fx Mike and Zim
ZOOM!!!

I swooshed into the dining room, then back into the living room!  Flew up onto the catwalk, back into the living room, and another lap around the dining room table! Then I flew back into the living room, around the dining room table again ...

IMG_7251fx Mike and Zim
"Must keep low to the ground ... and very still ..."

...and kept the party going like that for a good long while!  There were shouts and cheers of amazement and joy from Mom and Dad!

IMG_7260fx Zim
"My work here is done.  For now!"

It was tons of fun, trust me!

If you'd like to see more photos, please visit the set on FlickR. And sure, Mom may have acted a tad bit shocked (mostly about the ottoman...) but it's like Stormy always taught me -- if the bipeds are taking pictures, you're not reeeeeeeally in too much trouble! Have a great weekend, everyone!

Play bows,
Zim (AKA, the Zimstigator!)

17 comments:

  1. You are our hero, Zim! Maybe we should call it the Siberian State of Zim (close enough to Zen to count, right?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. QUILT SIGHTING....sorry I couldn't help myself.... Great shots! Zim you keep your household going, don't you? Dave I can't wait until you are better! Football time for all of us....until then, my friend....take care....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe! You're the one that taught me about the pictures = not much trouble thing.

    I hear that cheer A LOT around here! It's so fun. My favorite cheer that gets me to run around the yard is, "NORA COME INSIDE!" Run run run I go. They really like it.

    You look really good up on that ottoman. Maybe you can claim it?

    xoxo,

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zim you are the DAWG! Keeping the household all together and making sure the fun doesn't stop. Hopefully soon Dave can join in the Zim games.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is up with that "no Siberians on the furniture" rule?! That's -- that's just blatantly racist! What's wrong with Siberians, huh? Why aren't they allowed up on the furniture? Shouldn't the ones with actual FUR be up on the FURniture, silly humans? I think you and Dave should go on strike. Don't put up with this -- stand up for yourselves!

    Furniture for dogs!
    Furniture for all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are my HERO Zim!!!!! I must learn from you, but where do you find that energy being 12???

    I like Stormy's wisdom, she's so right! When they have the camera on you, you are not really in trubble!!

    Keep doing your job Zim, for a long time to come, we need ya!

    Love nibbles,
    Miss Sunshade

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zimstigator, you had us rolling, so funny, way to make fun happen. Hang in there, Dave will be back playing with you in no time.

    The silvers and more

    ReplyDelete
  8. yep, the flashy box is a good sign that you aren't in too much trouble. you certainly look like you were having fun. and a certain couple of felines here that were thinking about dive bombing Dave from the balcony. MOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zim you are one silly boy. How did the peeps keep Dave from joining you in your zoomies or doesn't Dave do zoomies?

    Cindy & Nina

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have the coolest dad, Zim! Way to zoom!

    Love ya lots
    Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  11. Zimmie my boy, you are too awesome for words. I love your work.

    Treats for all! (You better give your dad one, too).

    Auntie Trace

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun!! You sure know how to have a good time!!
    Hope you have a great weekend too and give my best to Dave! :-)

    P.s- we love the playbows pic of you and your dad!!

    Cheers
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woot woot Zim! Nice play time!! And, YES....or course I would LOVE to play with you in the snow anytime! Come on!

    Hugs,
    Sierra Rose

    ReplyDelete
  14. How'd we miss all this fun yesterday! We think it's really nice of your dad to get your zoomies started Zim! We also think the ottoman is the perfect size for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. No dogs on the furniture is a dumb rule!

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Zim! You are so right. Why didn't I think of that? When the flashy is a flashin you aren't really in trouble. Look at the funballs good times you had with dad.

    Hope Dave is feeling better.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Zim - I wish I could have been there to see it in person! It sounds like you were having a ball!! Loved the pictures - they really captured the spirit of you ZOOMING!!! :-)

    Slobbers,
    Honey the Great Dane

    ReplyDelete